This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

What are here the worst stack-off-hands....

• IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      a.) for SB
      b.) for UTG
      ?

Plz imagine that game would have been 6-way and Co would be MP!

we have following infos:

BTN is a semifish.

UTG
      oR UTG: 19%
      4b UTG: 3,6/2,5
      Fold to 5b: 38%

MP:
      Coldcall MP: 7%

SB:
      25/22
      SQZ overall: 9,6%
      Fold to 4b: 62%

So what can SB sqz/Jam vs UTG here?
      - what can he sqz/Jam vs. MP, when UTG folds and MP 4bets?
      - what can UTG 4b/Call here for value vs. SB?
      - do you think it is a spot where UTG can/should bluff4b a lot?
  • 3 replies
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      edit:

fuck, have forgotten to include the weaktight-link to the hand.

situation has been:
      UTG has opened from UTG to 3BB -> MP has coldcalled -> SB has squeezed ...

and regards to this situation the 3 questions are referring...
    • alderfalder
      alderfalder
      Coach
      Coach

I start with MP to figure this out. I just made some assumptions to having the chance of getting a "solution" for this scenario.
      I assume MP is one of these guys not 3betting anything against UTG (you can take some other coldcalling range with discounted AA/KK as well, but I like the easy way...), so I gave him the range

MP:
      77+JTs+,AQo+,AJs+ (96kombos)
      just to keep in mynd:
      QQ+,AK= 34kombos (35,4%)
      KK+,AK = 28kombos (29,1%)
      KK+= 12 kombos (12,5%)

UTG's range his more or less predefined by oR UTG=19% (254hands)
      QQ+,AK=13,4%
      KK+,AK=11%
      KK+=4,7%

The scenario I built is just really bad for UTG to bluff4bet.
      assuming openraisesizing of 3bb, squeezesize 12bb and 4bet 26bb UTG need 54,7% FE to make this play profitable.
      Even if SB range is pretty bluffheavy (let's say 2/3 bluffs, 1/3 squeeze/call) UTG just has 47% FE, if MP ships KK+,AK.

Trying to make MP fold AK after opening 19% is too ambitious I think.
      => not good bluffspot for UTG

looking at SB:
      regarding the fact that SB can expect a lot of UTG call/MP call-scenarios his range shouldn't be polarized. Expecting UTG/MP to call hands like AQs/JJ/TT (MP will overcall any pocket after UTG called) should make it easy to valuesqueeze QQ+,AK. Whether it's a 3bet/push or 3bet/fold depends a lot on villains in UTG/MP. If UTG is capable of bluffing in this spot and value4betting all AK's it's an easy 3bet/ship with QQ+,AK for SB. If UTG is more like only 4betting KK+ I can imagine some spots snapfolding QQ (and still think valuesqueeze was good).

This is too readbased I think for finding a clear answer for sqz/Jam of SB.

UTG can 4bet/call KK+,AK here. Don't think that 4bet/calling QQ by default is good in this spot

If I got you wrong or if you want to change some of my parameters dramatically let me know:)
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      nice thoughts and calcs - thx for effort

Originally posted by alderfalder

I start with MP to figure this out. I just made some assumptions to having the chance of getting a "solution" for this scenario.
      I assume MP is one of these guys not 3betting anything against UTG (you can take some other coldcalling range with discounted AA/KK as well, but I like the easy way...), so I gave him the range

MP:
      77+JTs+,AQo+,AJs+ (96kombos)
      just to keep in mynd:
      QQ+,AK= 34kombos (35,4%)
      KK+,AK = 28kombos (29,1%)
      KK+= 12 kombos (12,5%)

UTG's range his more or less predefined by oR UTG=19% (254hands)
      QQ+,AK=13,4%
      KK+,AK=11%
      KK+=4,7%

The scenario I built is just really bad for UTG to bluff4bet.
      assuming openraisesizing of 3bb, squeezesize 12bb and 4bet 26bb UTG need 54,7% FE to make this play profitable.
      Even if SB range is pretty bluffheavy (let's say 2/3 bluffs, 1/3 squeeze/call) UTG just has 47% FE, if MP ships KK+,AK.

Trying to make MP fold AK after opening 19% is too ambitious I think.
      => not good bluffspot for UTG

looking at SB:
      regarding the fact that SB can expect a lot of UTG call/MP call-scenarios his range shouldn't be polarized. Expecting UTG/MP to call hands like AQs/JJ/TT (MP will overcall any pocket after UTG called) should make it easy to valuesqueeze QQ+,AK. Whether it's a 3bet/push or 3bet/fold depends a lot on villains in UTG/MP. If UTG is capable of bluffing in this spot and value4betting all AK's it's an easy 3bet/ship with QQ+,AK for SB. If UTG is more like only 4betting KK+ I can imagine some spots snapfolding QQ (and still think valuesqueeze was good).

This is too readbased I think for finding a clear answer for sqz/Jam of SB.
      it is, but oftentimes you have no more infos I have given (the stats) and then youre forced to make a guess which is on average (regards to palyerpool you play) best...

UTG can 4bet/call KK+,AK here. Don't think that 4bet/calling QQ by default is good in this spot

If I got you wrong or if you want to change some of my parameters dramatically let me know:)