This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[VIDEO] Targeting capped ranges - Slam5

• 6 replies
    • Kingsurprise
      Kingsurprise
      Silver
      Dont like his first hand. He is mostly bluffing vs sets and flushes and on nl200 villains just dont fold these even if we repp the nuts very hard.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hand 1 w JJ: I like it but I disagree with villain's range. He calls 4% but here there are 2 ppl in the pot + the fish left behind. imo his range will be a lot wider than just PP (SCs, Axs, suited Broadways etc...). Still I think your play is fine because he would 3B turn with most of his value combos (but nut flushes)

Hand 2 w KJ: Good spot to overbet river?

Hand 3 w A7o: What is your river x/r range? I agree that with Adx it is probably better to x/r but don't you think that leading out the river would allow you to have more bluffs in your range? (ofc that depends on your x/r range but I doubt you have a wide x/r bluffing range that includes hands w/o diamond) hence making your range higher EV?

btw for your next videos make sure your pop ups are on the recorded part of your screen so we can see them :)
    • owi85
      owi85
      Bronze
      JJ (1st Hand): multi-way and with the fish behind i dont think we can discount any combos of 33 and more importantly i think that he also peels a bunch of suited aces and other SCs as Dublimax already mentioned. We are attacking such a strong range here which isn't even really too capped. especially if he perceives you, like you mention, as very aggressive and loose i dont think theres much reason to 3b the turn even with Qhi or Thi flushes.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Slam,

What is your gameplan in SB v BTN open? I would not even consider flatting A7o in there :D

Good vid overall :) .
    • Sjors777
      Sjors777
      Bronze
      Hi!

About the JJ:
      Why do you chose this raise size on the turn. Would you pick this size with, say, a:sj?
    • BC1989RF
      BC1989RF
      Platinum
      JJs hand: i like the idea but i think calling turn jamming river reps stronger/makes more sense with your range. also, dont think ppl fold sets that often :(

Ad7: disagree with river line because of his flop sizing - think you're perceived to be c/f'ing quite ofteen when u check this flop and i expect villain not to bet that big with air (that you are targeting river).
      also agree with Dublimax; youll have some Qx Jx that c/c'd the flop this deep and will want to turn their hands into bluffs.

JTs last hand: turn - speaking in relative terms Ax is the nuts in this spot. also, unless hes baddish, he shud know you bet your top range ott close to 100% given how often Qx weak Ax could cback the turn.
      river is actually interesting he ahs way more Ax than diamonds and hes perceived to be kinda strong; so maybe he thinks youre not bluffin this spot. that said i cant think of a value hand in your range c/r'ing this turn texture

I liked the vid - if you could speak a lilbit faster that be great too.