This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5

• SunWukung
      SunWukung
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($10.92)
      UTG+1 ($10.88)
      MP1 ($2.76)
      Hero ($4.41)
      CO ($2.76)
      Button ($14.17)
      SB ($5.28)
      BB ($4.11)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:diamond: , A:diamond: .
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.05, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.25, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.57) A:spade: , 5:heart: , Q:club: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.35, UTG+1 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.27) Q:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.27) T:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.7, UTG+1 calls $0.70.

Final Pot: $2.67

Well I guess I made a mistake here by not betting the turn. I think the correct way to play this was bet turn and then check river.

But I have another questions: What are the right bet sizes here? And if he raised river (after my turn bet) should I call or fold?

I'm just starting with BSS.
  • 2 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Your betsize (ca. 60 % of pot) is fine on a drawless board
      A second bet on the turn and a checkbehind on the river are indeed desirable with your TPGK for protection against draws and floats on the turn and pot control on the river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi SunWukung,
      welcome to the BSS section.

On NL 5 level I´d always go value with my tpgk. No reason to believe that I´m beaten, until player would act differently then just c/c all the way.
      Bet sizes depends on what you want to accomplish:
      - if you bet 1/2 pot or less then players would call often with any kind of draw or even overcards.
      - if you bet pot, they tend to be folding everything than tp, but it also depends on the player style- some weak opponent might call down three large bets with any pair.
      - usually bet sizes should be around 60-90% of the potsize. I wouldn´t suggest betting less even with nuts, rather check/call for bluff induce.
      Imo there is only one case, where you should bet less than 60%- if player is shortstack and he is passive, then betting half pots would put him all-in on the turn/river then you don´t have to protect always your hand, but think how to get his money all-in.
      Also I´ve noticed that if you bet pot on 3-suited board then you have very high fold equity- doesn´t matter if you have flushdraw or not, since players often put you on nuts and would fold even tp.
      So with your hand I´d go bet 0,4$ on the flop, 2/3 on the turn and 2/3 on the river. Player would call you often down with weaker ace. Against re-raise you can fold.