This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 AJo bluff turn+river in 3b pot?

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $113.48 (227 bb)
      Hero (BB): $51.69 (103.4 bb)
      UTG: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $52.75 (105.5 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A J
      UTG folds, MP raises to $1.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $5, MP calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.25) 7 4 T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($10.25) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, MP calls $5

River: ($20.25) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, MP calls $10

Results:
      $40.25 pot ($2.01 rake)
      Final Board: 7 4 T K T
      Hero showed A J and lost (-$20 net)
      MP showed A Q and won $38.24 ($18.24 net)

22/21 17% agg. freq. fold to 3bet 67%(3) 83hands

Preflop, i think 3bet as a bluff is ok.

On the flop, i decided to give up. I don`t think i have enough pot equity + FE to Cbet OOP.

On this turn, should i bet with the plan to bet most rivers, to make him fold some PP?

This river is not the best, but i thought i can still bet it? Is the sizing ok?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I would just fold here. Prefer to have more reads about his preflop tendencies

Flop: I think c/f here is fine. His PF range is mostly AQ and pocket pairs here. Don't think our fold equity is too high, especially if he floats AQ on this flop.

Turn: Don't like your bet size. AK would usually bet larger here. I would bet 7 on the Turn.

River: I don't think he would have TX here too often given starting positions but that is technically a bad bluffing card if he could somehow have some TX hands in his PF range which chose to pot control Flop.

Again if you want to bluff at it, I would bet bigger. Should we bet at it though? We should if we felt he somehow calls Turn with pairs below the Ten, as well as AJ/AQ which could fold the River.