This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL4 AJo 07-04-13

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $6.10 (152.5 bb)
      CO: $1 (25 bb)
      BTN: $5.73 (143.3 bb)
      SB: $4.73 (118.3 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.29 (132.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A J
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.12, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5.29 and is all-in, CO calls $0.88 and is all-in

Flop: ($2.02) J Q Q (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      Turn: ($2.02) Q (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($2.02) 9 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

I assume this is fine against a shortstack?
      If I had made a smaller bet I would be commited anyways, and I stand a better chance right here right now.

Villain:
  • 2 replies
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      The one and the big reason why I would recommend you making a 3bet than ship the stack is that if you ship in the stack -> he can't bluff, but if you 3bet (it should be less than your standard) you give him a chance to try bluffing you some times + the AI move looks much stronger than your 3bet.

One thing you should keep in mind is that if he is constantly auto re-buying to 1$ (25bb) he might not be some random short stacked fish but a guy who plays after 'short stack strategy' and in that case you should look up how they play after 'short stack strategy' and adopt accordingly.

I know I had played against few of those 'short stack strategy' guys a few months earlier basically the guy opened to 0.12 and was playing like 15+ tables or something so I did 3bet him each time to ~24 and so he folded almost in every cases and in some went AI but since my 3bet was so small it was really profitable + he didn't adapted.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think that we can consider 3betting smaller - like $0.26, so we can have a bluff range as well.
      If we 3bet shove here we should stick to a solid value range and we can never bluff 3bet something like K2.

Best,
      Plamen