This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 ZOOM SH KTo

• MRgRa
      MRgRa
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.24 (112 bb)
      SB: $2.46 (123 bb)
      Hero (BB): $1.31 (65.5 bb)
      UTG: $1.21 (60.5 bb)
      MP: $11.54 (577 bb)
      CO: $2.58 (129 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T K
      UTG calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.05) Q J A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.04, UTG calls $0.04

Turn: ($0.13) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, UTG calls $0.12

River: ($0.37) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, UTG calls $0.36

Results:
      $1.09 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: Q J A A Q
      Hero showed T K and lost (-$0.54 net)
      UTG showed A 5 and won $1.05 ($0.51 net)

So here's one of my most dramatic hands in last few days. After checking on BB, the flop shows premium full HD quality hand :coolface: and here's clear pot-size bet. Turn is not scaring me so lot, and I'm continuing my pot-size bet, and again he flat-calls me. Time to start worrying, because maybe he have something Ax, and if the river comes with something like previous cards, I'm in deep trouble. And indeed, it does. F***ing Q is here :rage: , and only way to protect my hand is to continue my pot-size bet. So, was my pot size bet right decision in this situation, or not?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Read dependent - If I knew that villain was really loose here I would raise it up to 8-10 cents. But if you think he isn't that tight then checking in the BB is perfectly fine.

Flop: I prefer checking here. If he has nothing or a weak hand like QX/JX he probably will call once and fold turn at the very most. I think check/raising allows you to build up the pot way more. Let's say you check and he bets his AX here to 5cents, you can easily raise it up to 20-25cents and the pot will be 3-4 times larger.

Turn: easy pot bet

River: Betting is definitely the worst play here. He never folds QX/AX and he will always fold worse hands. You are just paying him off with he has stronger hands and allowing him to get away with his JX/busted draws.

You should check here, and if he bluffs enough of the time, call. If he is not bluffing enough of the time, fold.