This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 AA vs. flop raise in 3b pot

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $18.03 (36.1 bb)
      Hero (BB): $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $81.47 (162.9 bb)
      MP: $73.63 (147.3 bb)
      CO: $61.48 (123 bb)
      BTN: $53.74 (107.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: A:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $5, CO calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.25) Q:heart: 9:club: 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, CO raises to $17, Hero raises to $45 and is all-in, CO calls $28

Unknown. Standart hand?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

100bb in a 3bet pot = never folding here. Sometimes you'll see KQ/AQ being raised for thin value, and you'll typically run into many flush draws as well. maybe he raises QT/QJ if he wants to merge his raising range too.

If you are not happy with stacking off here you have some other options

1. Check/call: Take the passive line and induce bluffs. Mostly applicable if you think your hand is not good for 3 streets. I think we can have 3 streets from AQ/KQ so I don't like this option.

2. Bet/fold: This is good when opponent is ultra passive.

3. Check/raise: Good if villain is expected to bet a lot when checked to, and also bet for thin value with KQ/AQ and never fold to raises. In this way we can induce some bluffs, and also maximize our value before bad turns and rivers come.

I like check/raise or bet/call, both are fine to me.

Thanks.