This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Winning roulette strategy - really?

    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      Joined: 17.01.2011 Posts: 7,163
      more fun to use is reversed martingale

      you come to the table with $1, if you lose you quit.
      if you win you double up until you lose

      that's a ~0,5% (1 in 200) chance to get $128 with just a $1 initial investment every time you come to the table!
      if your table has only one 0 (wth?) then your odds dramatically improve to about ~0,6%! (like 1 in 155)

      Originally posted by hakan23
      7. According to the schedule , you will see that by this way of betting , you will be even after 71 draws , gain = 71 * 36 = 2556 will be equal to the amount invested, ie 1 +2 +3 +4 +.... . 71
      [...]
      9. You will start losing on the draw 72
      doesn't make sense
    • hakan23
      hakan23
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.08.2007 Posts: 1,335
      It make sense ,

      Let's say that you hit the number on 71 draw . The Calculations up to this point are :

      1+2+3+...+69+70+71 =2556 Amount invested

      36*71 = 2556 Amount won

      Profit = 0

      One step further :

      1+2+3+...+70+71+72= 2628 Amount invested
      36*72 = 2592 Amount won

      Profit = - 36
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.06.2008 Posts: 5,622
      I find it difficult to understand how someone can enjoy losing, whether they can afford it or not, but maybe that's just my personal situation and experiences showing through.

      It may be possible to have fun losing at games I suppose, but surely it's more fun to win? In most cases at least
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Joined: 10.09.2007 Posts: 14,387
      Originally posted by gadget51
      I find it difficult to understand how someone can enjoy losing, whether they can afford it or not, but maybe that's just my personal situation and experiences showing through.

      It may be possible to have fun losing at games I suppose, but surely it's more fun to win? In most cases at least
      Perhaps you should look at it as paying for entertainment.
    • davidtho
      davidtho
      Basic
      Joined: 30.05.2012 Posts: 1
      Hi there, to add on your interesting video i would like to direct you to this good article i came across with on 777 portal.

      Let me know what you all think about it, i am interested to hear.


      Cheers,
      David.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.10.2009 Posts: 4,024
      Few years ago, there was a mathematical system to use on the William Hill machines (in the booking shop I mean) and it was working as I was making a regular daily income (we say something like 10 GBP x 10 minutes); it was genuine like that :s_biggrin:

      Unfortunately, I arrive just in the end (as the system was around for a while by the time I get it) and WH don't know how, get it and developed a new machine that was replace the old (lovely) machines in all the booking shop cross UK.

      At today, I m not aware of any new so powerful system :(
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.06.2008 Posts: 743
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      Originally posted by gadget51
      I find it difficult to understand how someone can enjoy losing, whether they can afford it or not, but maybe that's just my personal situation and experiences showing through.

      It may be possible to have fun losing at games I suppose, but surely it's more fun to win? In most cases at least
      Perhaps you should look at it as paying for entertainment.
      Yup, that's the way. Like roulette myself but bet a little that I can afford for the fun.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      Joined: 17.01.2011 Posts: 7,163
      solid bump, i was entertained :f_biggrin:
      thank you sir!

      Originally posted by 777
      Most of the strategy revolves around picking the right wheel to play on
    • zenmaster
      zenmaster
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.11.2007 Posts: 12
      Here for the (still) nonbelievers:

      http://nomoredoubleup.blogspot.com/

      Lil program that simulates a guy playin by the doubling strategy, enjoy ;)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.09.2009 Posts: 6,561
      Originally posted by zenmaster
      Here for the (still) nonbelievers:

      http://nomoredoubleup.blogspot.com/

      Lil program that simulates a guy playin by the doubling strategy, enjoy ;)
      It is simple math, whatever the strategy, over the long run you WILL lose money. if you can't understand that enjoy playing roulette ;)
    • ShadDoneWin
      ShadDoneWin
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.08.2012 Posts: 161
      The music makes this +ev imo


      Edit: Didn't realise how old this was sorrrry
    • jessicax
      jessicax
      Basic
      Joined: 21.04.2013 Posts: 1
      Not bad a strategy. I've been trying some of these out this weekend at 888 casino... da-vinci roulette calculator, roulette number and roulette banker to be precise.

      Roulette number is really bad. I lost a fair amount of cash with it. Anyone tried it?

      Da-Vinci roulette calculator and roulette banker were really good though. If it wasn't for those roulette number would have totally cleaned me out lol.

      Today I just bought roulette sniper so we will see how that goes :) Keep your fingers crossed for me lol.

      Jess x
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Joined: 02.09.2010 Posts: 11,287
      Originally posted by jessicax
      Not bad a strategy. I've been trying some of these out this weekend at 888 casino... da-vinci roulette calculator, roulette number and roulette banker to be precise.

      Roulette number is really bad. I lost a fair amount of cash with it. Anyone tried it?

      Da-Vinci roulette calculator and roulette banker were really good though. If it wasn't for those roulette number would have totally cleaned me out lol.

      Today I just bought roulette sniper so we will see how that goes :) Keep your fingers crossed for me lol.

      Jess x
      Hi jessicax,

      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com.

      Anyone playing with the idea of playing roulette needs to read these two articles on wikipedia:
      Martingale
      Gambler's fallacy
      Ok, you don't have to read them.
      I'll sum up:

      You can't win

      No system, no betting strategy, no table selection no anything can ever make up for the fact that the house takes a percentage of ever spin.

      In the long run, your own wins and losses will even out, but the the house percentage just keeps adding up.

      Now POKER on the other hand is quite a different story.
      Since YOU control the cards you play, and how you play them, you can avoid spots where the odds are against you, and bet big when they are in your favour.

      That is what this site is all about -- maximizing your poker winnings.

      Let's leave roulette to James Garner...

      Peace,
      --VS