This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] High cards on paired board OOP

• GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players

Opponent unknown

BTN: $6.24
      SB: $6.98
      Hero (BB): $5.00
      UTG: $5.97
      MP: $20.50
      CO: $4.34

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has Q:heart: A:club:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.05, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, CO calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.52, 2 players) 6:heart: 6:spade: 3:heart:
      Hero ?

1) no bluff bet is possible
      2) value bet? we are at the same situation on the turn then if he calls & no scare cards appear
      3) c\c one street? will he bet enough bluffs to justify it?

What to do in such spots?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

What do you know about villain? We know he's a limper right? Assuming his range is wide, you can probably just c/c 2 streets. AQ high is doing really well on low paired flops.

Vs a 35% limping range - Assuming he bets Flop with his entire range
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com
      Board: 6s6h3h
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 36.59% 33.21% 3.38% { 22+, A2s+, K3s+, Q5s+, J7s+, T7s+, 97s+, 87s, A5o+, K8o+, Q9o+, J9o+, T9o }
      MP3 63.41% 60.03% 3.38% { AcQh }

1. If we bet here, we are not bluffing out better hands. You could argue for a thin value bet vs worse Ace highs (he has worse AX hands and maybe K high overcard which may call the Flop bet) but I think the EV of checking is probably higher

2. I don't think your hand is strong enough to value bet 2 streets when you are readless here. For this reason, I Don't really want to bet flop and play guessing games on the Turn when we have 0 info. It's probably safer to c/c twice and then decide on River - This not only ensures that villain's range is as wide as possible, but it also helps in making the decision simpler.

3. I think the average fish has no balls to fire thrice, but they will often fire once with a really wide range. The second turn bet is usually made with a slightly tighter range, but these guys usually bet 50-65% of the pot and we only need to have <30% equity to justify a call and I think we definitely have that. Don't forget we also have 2 overcards which will be good most of the time if we do hit.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Thanks for your analysis! :s_thumbsup: I thought somewhat similar thus c\c one street and had doubts about playing c\c on the turn but the card connected with the board and he bet 3\4 so I decided to fold:

Flop: ($0.52, 2 players) 6:heart: 6:spade: 3:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.12, 2 players) 5:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.75, fold

CO wins $1.07