This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK after hitting ace

• gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      6 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $8.35
      UTG+1: $6.06
      CO: $19.98
      Button: $22.57
      Hero: $19.18
      BB: $7.28

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A:spade: K:club:
      3 folds, [color:#cc0000]Button raises to $0.3[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $1.05[/color], BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: 8:diamond: 6:club: A:diamond: ($3.15, 3 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]BB bets $0.4[/color], Button calls, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $2.4[/color], [color:#cc0000]BB raises all-in $6.23[/color], Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 5:club: ($16.01, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $16.01)

River: 4:spade: ($16.01, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $16.01)

Results:
      Final pot: $16.01
      [color:#ffffff]Hero Shows As Kc[/color]
      [color:#ffffff]BB Shows Qh Ah[/color]

I don't feel like I played this hand well. I think a better option might have been to bet out on the flop since I was the preflop agressor. Also the way I played it, was it ok to call his push-in after my check/raise? It felt like he had a set or a strong draw...
  • 5 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I think you didn't play the hand very well either.

On the flop I'd bet, you got 2 opponents and there are 2 suited cards. After the 4bet from the BB, if he was unknown to me, I'd fold. It really looks like he has two pair or a set, and since he cold called preflop, he probably has a set.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      ya I agree completely Tosh.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      I don't agree completely, because it was a situation where you played from blinds vs late, this changes the dynamics. I would lead out on the flop here, because each villains will have to at least call (and prolly raise) when they hit their ace in this pot, even if i get raised i wouldn't think that they are really strong and would probably bring in the reraise (ai) because i'm oop or check and push the turn.

You have tptk in a 3bet pot in blinds vs late, no shame in getting stacked for 100BB here.

As played, i think it's reasonable to assume that any ace will bet and that you can c/r, but i don't like this play that much. Again, if he brings in the reraise i would snapcall for the same reasons as mentioned above. Blind vs late and 3bet pot make TPTK a hand were you can easily go broke.

The only though spot would be if you lead on the flop and BB raises and BU reraises.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      I meant that I agree that I should have bet out. If I had bet out and someone raise I would have pushed in for sure. I just found that I played it poorly because I didn't bet out and ended up having to call and all in as opposed to pushing allin.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would bet out on that flop to get called by worse one pair hands and draws.
      Also I don´t mind getting it down with contibet, since I would also contibet with JJ-KK often enough.
      Really no need to slowplay on multiway 3-bet pot with tptk.