This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Wa/wb

• jazzy29
      jazzy29
      Bronze
      Button ($59.95)
      Hero (SB) ($30.50)
      BB ($22.48)
      UTG ($25.24)
      MP ($11.73)
      CO ($12.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 6
      4 folds, Hero bets $0.75, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) 7, 9, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.50) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

River: ($8) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4, Hero calls $4

Total pot: $16 | Rake: $0.72

When he calls the preflop I give him a range like A2-A9, K9+, Q8+, J9+,22-55, 67s+
      On the flop I thought about cbetting like I always do, but I want to build up a c/c range.
      What I did sometimes in the past was to decide playing c/c 3streets but I foldet so often on the river,obviously a leak. In this spot I see him semibluffing his draws and lower pockets and I think he can also bet those bluffs on the river once again.

I think the biggest problem is, that villain was unknown and its all just suggestions, which is not very well. But if I know that my villain does so, do you think a calldown with my hand is ok in this spot, or is this the absolute wrong hand to build up a c/c range?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Jazzy29,

Usually good spots to c/c OOP are non-vulnerable hands on dry board. For example A3 on A72r or KK on A93. Even still a preferred option by many players is to bet flop hoping to extract value from floats and then turn hand into a bluff-catcher on turn.

In this case since your pair is very low I much prefer turning your hand into a semi-bluff (or thin value vs draws) and betting. While check/calling here is not theoretically wrong, you are letting opponent always see a turn in a situation where he often has a decent amount of equity. It's very difficult to evaluate which turn/river cards are bad for you.

If you do check/call flop I think it's fine to go ahead and check/fold river. Your line here itself may sometimes be useful, but usually on a drier board with a stronger pair.