This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] AKs on draw board

• GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players

Opponent unknown

BTN: $18.79
      SB: $9.50
      BB: $12.98
      Hero (UTG): $11.21
      MP: $18.47
      CO: $10.95

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:spade: A:spade:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold

Flop: ($0.70, 2 players) 2:diamond: 5:heart: 6:heart:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.70, 2 players) Q:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40

River: ($1.50, 2 players) T:heart:
      SB bets $1.50, Hero ?

I think he would probably play his strong draw (if he's on an FD it's minimum FD + one overcard) more aggressive and probably his made hands would bet also somewhere before this 3s river. So I think his bet is weighted towards bluffs like 87, A4 so I opt to call.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi GreenPiece,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that we can still bet this flop given 2 overs, low board. We can consider it a thin value and we don't mind if we pick the pot up.

As played I think that river is mostly a fold. By his stack he is a fish and they usually play draws passively and without info I'm just folding the weak bluff catcher... for example he may bet as a bluff with a better hand like a 2 or 5 or even a 6
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Yeah, I kept it in mind (possibility of betting with 6 and so on as a bluff) and yes, I agree it's a fold. And what if we had 77? Than we could bet both flop & turn and if we faced this pot donk on the river, could we call?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by GreenPiece
      Yeah, I kept it in mind (possibility of betting with 6 and so on as a bluff) and yes, I agree it's a fold. And what if we had 77? Than we could bet both flop & turn and if we faced this pot donk on the river, could we call?
      I would bet flop/turn with 77 for sure for value/protection vs potential fish.

However, if we did bet 2 streets and then he donked on the draw it's still a fold in my book (without info).