This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AJ 3bet pot

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($22.34)
      BB ($36.42)
      UTG ($19)
      UTG+1 ($6.51)
      CO ($27.97)
      BTN ($20.27)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: J:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20, CO raises to $1, fold, Hero raises to $3.40, fold, fold, CO calls $2.40

FLOP ($7.20) 8:diamond: 5:club: 6:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $3.50, Hero folds

CO wins $6.84

notes:
      steal in BTN w 46o, cbh Q34 in 3way, call 2/3 2 w 2nd pair, call 1/2 4 w trips when flush posible

steal in BTN, cbh ATTss, fold on blank turn

steal in BTN w AK, SB chekc, I bet in BB Txx, he calls w overcards, check 8, check T

minsteal in BTN T7o, cbh Axxfd, cbet turn w 7 high FD near pot, cbh 7 - POT BET - DRAW

------------
      He is capable of checking sometimes. But when I did not cbet (because he does not fold) I expected him to bet. Not sure if my bluffcatcher is good enough without info how he bets vs missed cbets.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: AJ is way too weak to c/c especially on this board texture where so many turns and rivers can kill your hand. You should either c/f or c/r. I don't mind c/r-ing A:dX and you can then shove Turns.

Preflop: I think the 3b is reasonable for thin value though you should be sizing it slightly smaller since he did raise to 5bb. I'll make it $3 here.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I don't mind c/r-ing AX and you can then shove Turns.

Interesting. I never do c/r instead of cbets. So as I understand the idea is if he does not fold to cbet, he still might fold to c/r.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I don't mind c/r-ing AX and you can then shove Turns.

Interesting. I never do c/r instead of cbets. So as I understand the idea is if he does not fold to cbet, he still might fold to c/r.
      yes. also, you allow villain to put in more dead money with weak hands before taking down the pot. it is also easier to play with a c/r with A:dX so you can shove diamond Turns and end your decision there. Another effect of having a CR range is that it discourages villain from betting all the time when you check which is great if you get a free Turn card with your AK type of hands.