This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH Zoom J6s

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($27.22)
      UTG+1 ($40.74)
      CO ($25)
      Hero ($26.46)

Dealt to Hero 6:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.40, fold

FLOP ($1.25) A:heart: 7:spade: 5:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.25) A:heart: 7:spade: 5:spade: 9:club:

SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.60, SB calls $1.10

RIVER ($4.45) A:heart: 7:spade: 5:spade: 9:club: T:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $2.10, SB calls $2.10

Hero shows 6:diamond: J:diamond:
      (Pre 30%, Flop 2.6%, Turn 4.5%)

SB shows 6:club: A:spade:
      (Pre 70%, Flop 97.4%, Turn 95.5%)

SB wins $8.26

27/20 15h

Flop no cbet because low equity, he can call light.

Turn - his bet is weak and I have GS so raise.

River - he can have busded draws and weak pairs like 5x, 7x so bet to try to make them fold. Is this ok?
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: Hmm delay cbet or flop cbet are both fine

Turn: I only like the turn raise if you think villain is often stabbing the Turn light. But if he stabs the turn light, maybe you shouldn't check back the flop in the first place.

It's close though, I don't hate the play that much and I do use it from time to time.

River: I'm giving up now. Only thing you rep here is 97s and 99, that's a really narrow range of hands.

Thanks.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Turn: I only like the turn raise if you think villain is often stabbing the Turn light. But if he stabs the turn light, maybe you shouldn't check back the flop in the first place.

On flop I did not see his turn sizing and the turn card, so I cannot know how he stabs.

And I was ready to give up if I dont imporve on turn, but his sizing looked so weak and I improved so feel it would be too weak to fold.

River: I'm giving up now. Only thing you rep here is 97s and 99, that's a really narrow range of hands.

Now trying to think - on which rivers I could bluff repping more: and proably it would be flush. But then - he has flushes too - so again its like not good. Or in this situation there is no good river cards to bluff?

And btw part of my reason was that his range is very weak, not because its good river. Sometimes I hear reasoning - he has weak range - he can fold, so thats what I am trying to implement.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      He knows that he bets small which makes u likelier to induce.

Do u rep the flush? Not really. U probably would bet the flop w your flop draws. I dont think its abt the car
      d but whether u think he gives u credit for the two pair or set.

U shpuld be potting btw if u want to put more pressure.

Thanks.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      U shpuld be potting btw if u want to put more pressure.

more preasure but then I need to win 50% of time. WHen I bet this, I need to win 30%. Thought why not choosing required win 30%.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Cos if u give urself better odds here u just fail way more often.

In my opinion if u pot here he may fold half the time. But if u halfpot here i think ur bluff fails more than 67% of the time