This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL20 Queens

• zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      CO: $31.19
      Hero (BTN): $25.30
      SB: $32.43 - Anonymous table and I had played just a few hands. Villain seemed fishy though not too aggro, at least I din't notice anything too crazy. He once called my BU open minraise, donked into me 2bb on 8s7s7 and folded to a raise. I'm afraid that's all the info I've got.
      BB: $20.00
      UTG: $30.60
      MP: $18.03

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BTN with Q :club: Q :diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $0.60, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.20) 3 :club: 7 :club: 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.60, Hero raises to $5.80, SB calls $4.20

Turn: ($15.80) K :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.80, SB calls $7.80

River: ($31.40) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $16.83, Hero calls $9.70 all in

Did I play this hand fine? Any comments will be much appreciated!

Thanks!
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I like the large 4-bet size vs someone who is not folding much to 4-bets and is playing really loosely.

Flop: Hmm I don't think you need to raise here with QQ - It's not too vulnerable, and I'm definitely calling here with KK and AA. With a hand like TT or JJ I think it's better to raise those, simply because I think that those hands are strong enough to raise for value, yet vulnerable (with more overcards which could fall on the Turn and River)

Turn: Hmm I think betting is still fine, I suppose AK improves now but he shouldn't have too many KX hands in his range.

River: What does he rep here? 77? KQ/AK? A rivered flush? Honestly I don't see him having too many flushes. You also have Q which reduces the likelihood of him having a flush (he cannot have A:dQ, Q:dJ, Q:dT, Q:d9, Q:d8 etc).

River call is probably fine.

Thanks.