This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH: AA - second barrel on the paired turn

• Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $25,10
      BB:
      $27,79
      MP2:
      $27,19
      Hero:
      $33,48
      CO:
      $27,27
      BU:
      $28,05

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , A:spade:
      MP2 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,25, 2 folds, SB calls $1,15, BB folds, MP2 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($4,00) T:spade: , 7:diamond: , 8:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $3,00, SB calls $3,00, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($10,00) T:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4,00, SB folds.

Was is a right move to make a second barrel on the turn? SB might have been drawing and if hero had checked, hero would not have known where he stand?d if SB had made a bet on a river. And also hero had to protect his hand against a possible flush draw (SB might have called heros cbet with flush draw) - bet/fold on the turn.

If SB called hero's bet on the turn and then he made a bet on the river (which is not a diamond), what should hero do?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      First hand with aces you didn´t want to give opponent correct odds pf. Now you´re making 4$ into 10$ pot, which gives villain right odds to call if he has flush or straightdraw and against aggressive player you´re gonna face c/r.
      So bet 8$ or don´t bet at all. I´d bet, since board is drawy and I want to get value for worse hands.

If SB called hero's bet on the turn and then he made a bet on the river (which is not a diamond), what should hero do?
      If it is small bet, then I´d call. Against large bet I tend to fold more.
      But mostly player would c/r turn if he has better hand, since you often check behind.