This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

When to leave the table?

• 9 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      pay SB
    • Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      leave! if u stay, they ll suck ur stack (ur giving implied odds)
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I always leave immediately for the reason above (giving away implied odds)
      but I have heard more experienced players than me say that they play the round and fold everything except KK and AA - doesnt make sense to me though, paying SB for the round on the 1% chance you get those cards
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      i don't know if this is right as an sss player but usually when i am playing i play on 4 tables on titan NL10 and as when you leave a table you have to rejoin the table with a minimum amount of what you left with i tend to deviate from sss a little. I play sss to the books and then instead of leaving because i find that i run out of tables quickly i change to a more bss style and stay on the table until i eitha get around £8 or the table goes cold then i leave. Doing this makes me more money than if i just get more than 25 bb then leave as then i won't be able to play anymore tables for an hour or so until the minimum buy in resets. how do other people play sss on titan?
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I dont think its wise to play partly SSS and partly BSS, you really should play either one or the other - but if there are no tables available I dont know what else you could do. I dont play on Titan - are there really that few NL10 tables?
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      there are about 20-30 tables i think but usually if your lucky only around 10 get partially full at the time i can get on, then after about 2 hours of play normally i have to play just bss as there are only 3 fullring tables running so then i play a sng aswel so i don't get bored. I would play another platform but pokerstrategy is registered to titan so i would not get ps points if i go elsewhere
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      pay SB

nvm my answer, I play a variation of the BSS
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      I pay the SB and I always stay seated until the BB comes and then leave. Yes the AA KK (I admit, I also play AK) have smalls odds of popping, however, its paydirt when it does, and I have noticed that when you play SSS and then bet after winning, you often dont get any credit for a hand and get re-raised. You are typically in an early position as well, right where I like to be with a monster (or in the BB) I LOVE TO PUSH IT ALL ACROSS BEHIND AA KK WOOOOHOOOO
      oh yeah, and have fun, its all play money anyway, so if you want to look up 8 more hands for a SB contribution cause you feel HOT! Do it, just stay disciplined and wait patiently for the AA KK ----> they will find you, trust me
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Uhm when I start sss and double up or so I just switch strategy to bss...

why leave?

If you stay you will also do better in mtt cause it already prepares you to adjust game styles.