This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl 25 SH AK multiway

• matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      SB is a capable tag 18/15 over 130hands
      BB is a huge donkey with 41/7 over 90 hands

I said to myself postflop, rather a bad fold than a bad call, I mean, he coulda virtually have any PP, however i don't think SB would flat call me with AQ preflop..Also he showed strenght in a multiway pot, especially to a fish who doesn't fold much..
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($51.30)
      SB ($17.20)
      BB ($29)
      UTG ($31.40)
      MP ($60.40)
      Hero (CO) ($25.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K
      2 folds, Hero raises $1, 1 fold, SB raises $1.90, BB calls $1.75, Hero raises $7, SB calls $6, BB calls $6

Flop: ($23.55) Q, 2, 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($23.55) 5 (3 players)
      SB bets $9.20, 1 fold, Hero folds

Total pot: $23.55
      Main pot: $23.55 returned to SB
  • 4 replies
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      SB has Aces here very often I don't know why you think SB can have pocket pairs here after calling a 4-bet. Checking and folding here is totally fine and i might even reconsider a 4-bet preflop and just call his raise depending on his tendencies you might not be too happy if the money goes in vs. the standard nl25 nit.
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      I 3-bet preflop (u say it's a 4bet, isn't it a 3bet :I bet, he raises, I reraise?) because AK is best heads up, not in a multiway pot..isn't it so? To my surprise BB also called... But of course you're right, he have AA a lot of times, I just hate that miniraise preflop
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      SB could have aces, but also TT-QQ, AK. check back and fold on the turn is fine.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I wouldnt reraise here with AK:

Nit minraised you oop indicating a very good hand. QQ+ or KK+ It is clear he wants donkey to call.
      You say you reraise to go hu, but BB prob isnt folding with 41/7 and you dont have a made hand.
      I see it very hard to beat postflop a minraising TAG and a Donkey with your AKo, even if an A drops on flop, so I might consider folding.
      At most i would just call the minraise.

As played I do the same as you postflop.