This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

FL SH study group

• Poll
    • Best time?

21-23 GMT
        14%
        Sunday
        12%
        18-20 GMT
        12%
        Saturday
        11%
        Thursday
        8%
        Friday
        8%
        Wednesday
        7%
        15-17 GMT
        5%
        0-2 GMT
        5%
        Tuesday
        5%
        Monday
        4%
        6-8 GMT
        4%
        3-5 GMT
        2%
        12-14 GMT
        1%
        9-11 GMT
        1%
      Total: 83 Votes
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Teamviewer should be safe, it's pretty known.

http://www.teamviewer.com
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Originally posted by ciRith
      Originally posted by opal99
      I'll create a poll with all days and hours. It might be a problem as a 100% accurate poll would be a lot lines (7*24). ;)

EDIT: Done. You can select as many times as you want.
      Thank you very much ciRith :)

Would you join us? I believe everyone would appreciate it! ;)
      I'm quiet busy at the moment but I think that this shoudl be possible in the future. :)

Who programmed the tableviewer? At the german forum there were serveral hacks in the last time and it might be a programm from a user. (Just m guess, I have no proof ofr that.) But I'm very careful about such programs. Would be nice if a programmer can ceck this programm to be sure else I like to stay with the coaching style. (Telling the hands to the others.)
      As long as you give your details to just the people in the study group I'm sure you'd be okay. If you invite strangers to your teamviewer then you're asking for trouble!
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Id also like to check out how this works. Im playing 1/2$ SH on Titan.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      Originally posted by opal99
      I'll create a poll with all days and hours. It might be a problem as a 100% accurate poll would be a lot lines (7*24). ;)

EDIT: Done. You can select as many times as you want.
      Thank you very much ciRith :)

Would you join us? I believe everyone would appreciate it! ;)
      I'm quiet busy at the moment but I think that this shoudl be possible in the future. :)

Who programmed the tableviewer? At the german forum there were serveral hacks in the last time and it might be a programm from a user. (Just m guess, I have no proof ofr that.) But I'm very careful about such programs. Would be nice if a programmer can ceck this programm to be sure else I like to stay with the coaching style. (Telling the hands to the others.)
      As long as you give your details to just the people in the study group I'm sure you'd be okay. If you invite strangers to your teamviewer then you're asking for trouble!
      I was more talking about trojaners or so. ;)

But I didn't know that it's professional so it should be fine. :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I didn't expect so much interest :)

It looks like everyone interested is already signed-up, so we can arrange first session.
      Your preffered day of the week is Sunday with 7 votes after Saturday with 6 and preffered time is 21-23 GMT (8 votes) after 18-20 (7 votes).

The very first session will be played this Sunday (19-Oct-08) at 21:00 GMT (22:00 CET) - the day was chosen by your votes and 21:00 is some kind of middle course...

So far, Dippy and me will be online for sure; let us know if you're participating this weekend too ;)

My Skype username is opalenik.pavol so please add me to your contact lists and/or post your username here.

If you have any questions regarding to TeamViewer, feel free to ask anytime (it's the best to try it out before).

-------------------------

Now, we should decide who will be playing as first (everyone should be able to play sooner or later) and how many sessions we will do (only one player per day / 2-3 players but shorter sessions / any other ideas...).
    • petesam
      petesam
      Bronze
      Hi. Maybe i will try these type od coachings too. I come from Poland but my English is good and i tjink that we understand each other. :)
      Skypename is the same as my nick.
    • danielasso
      danielasso
      Bronze
      hi

i'm interesting too.

Now I play 1$/2$ on FullTilt

I think next week I'll play 2$/4$ :P
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      I won't participate... 22.00 is too late for me... got to be at work around 4.00...
      Have fun all ;)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      First you have to download the program. Go to http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php and download the Client version that matches your OS, normally it would be the 32 bit version.

After you download and install it open the program and you will see this.

Only the fields will be empty. First choose a nickname, click on the arrow that points to the right and choose your username in this window by clicking on new and then filling in a name. Phonetic/description/work dir you can leave blank.

Then you will have your username, go back to the main window and click on the arrow next to server. A window will popup, there you should click on new again. Then you will see the following;

You should fill those things in. Hostname/IP should be the IP only, not the port. Port number is the port and password is the password that I will give to you :)

Then press OK and you can connect to the server. Ventrilo will always remember the IP, port and the password of the server you visited the last time. So you only have to go through this once, next time all you have to do is connect.

If you have any more questions just ask here, I'll update this post then.
      If you want the IP/port/pass, add me to Skype (yoogher) and I'll give them to you :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      lol; it was "interesting" today :D

1. I want to thank you everyone who joined us: Dippy, gape, Yoghi and fermion!

2. I'm sorry for all the trouble in the beginning but it's allways hard to start something new;) Skype really sucked..

3. I'm really sorry for what I did during the session :D There were more mistakes than in my last 3-5 sessions together - maybe due to nervosity ;) More interesting hands would help a bit too...

Nwm, we have some know-how and it can be just better next time! So, forget about Skype - it's time for Ventrilo. Thanks Yoghi for making this tutorial - it'll be much easier next time.

We agreed to do another session on the next Sunday (26/10/08), but much sooner. I don't have problem with any time, so it's up to you again; what about 19:00 CET? Or even sooner?
      (I have school 8am - 1pm, so anytime after that is fine for me)

So, please comment !
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      I got time from 18:00 - 23:00 CET Sundays. :)
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      I'll try to come and watch next sunday. I need essence in my game!!!
    • marcianoskate
      marcianoskate
      Bronze
      Is this gonna be repeated??

I'm pretty interested ... in the spanish community we're trying to do something similar, only have one session too and would love to participate in this group :D

greetings
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      you're welcome :)

Problem is I'm currently abroad and can't participate today... It looks like there are not so many interested people as there're just few answers this week (i'd expect some ideas about time to play), but OK :/

It'd be great if there will be another session today, but I doubt it'll happen :(
    • marcianoskate
      marcianoskate
      Bronze
      what about this??
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Will there be another study group I would like get into this now since I have started to make the switch to FL SH. Currently I play on Titan $.50 - $1.00 but have the BR for higher but variance is a sob at times so I like to be conservitive with the BR.

I would like to watch others play if possible, is a mic needed as I don't have one at the moment.
    • theoneyousmell
      theoneyousmell
      Bronze
      Hi, I have started playing recently on FT .25/.50, would be very helpful to watch other players and their lines, Just want to know if this is still going on and if so Is it always the same time and day?
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      If anyone straight up makes one of these sessions just skype me and I'm keen to participate.