This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Starting from $0 (Now on Unibet)

• VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, comit007
      I had a very similar thing going a while back.

Do you still have money on Poker770?
      If so, the only way to withdraw it for Canadians is wire transfer.

I withdrew all mine just before Skrill pulled out of Canada, leaving only 20¢

Now when I'm bored, but don't want to risk "real" money, I play the Free Festival SnGs, or the Helsinki SnGs -- I'm up to $6.32 (also $CAD) as of this moment.

I didn't think that they had Double-or-Nothings on iPoker.

Do they?

Cheers,
      --VS
    • comit007
      comit007
      Bronze
      No I have no real money on 770. Withdrew years ago actually after clearing a bunch of a 1st deposit bonus. That was actually one of the reasons I chose 770 for the original challenge; no money and it had fair traffic for a site that I generally wouldn't chose to play on.

And yeah there are DoN's. There are 4 person hyper micros and 6 person turbos I think. It's been a bit. I know there are the hyper micros for sure as I keep losing 10's+ to like 84o :f_cry:
    • comit007
      comit007
      Bronze

Well Unibet seems to be going ok. Cash keeps going up, I keep ending up with MTT tickets that I do ok with. Who knows, I might just ladder up to one of the major packages (lol right).

But I'm thinking of dropping the $0-$100 on 770 title and changing it to something like $0-$1000 on Unibet.

Thoughts?

Or just turning this into a blog?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey comit007,

If you would like this thread to be moved to the blogs, just let us know and we'll be happy to move it.

To change the title of your thread, go back to the 1st post and simply edit the subject line.

Cheers

Laz
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by comit007

Or just turning this into a blog?
      If you want us to vote, I vote for YES :)
    • comit007
      comit007
      Bronze
      Alright, move it on over to the blogs section and I'll start writing some stuff.

In the interim I have been playing some hands as I can fit them in. Went camping with the family for 4 days and also started a new job when we got back. Time is a bit cramped currently.

On the poker front, I think I have been playing well. I really wish I could bring up hand histories to show, however short of typing them all out manually, I can't.

Cash game is still my biggest source of profit but I've been using the 5max SnG's on Unibet as a stoploss when things get absurd. And even those are getting weaksauce. I seem to money in (probably) 75-80% of the microstakes SnG's, however do you think I can win one? Hell no. A9o vs my ATs here comes the river 9! Bleh.

I'm down about $35 from my peak, but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I went in as at least a 3:2 favorite in about $25+ of that. A couple nights ago I ran into a spew monkey who was shoving any 2 suited cards. He took me for 3.5 BI's, despite being a massive dog in all hands. 3Qs vs KK (flush!), 95s vs A9s (5!), A8o vs JJ (A!). Typical.

Guess I just keep getting it in good and I'll get that back at some point.

I'll figure some sort of graph and picture system, but I have a huge sunburn currently and can't be bothered.
    • comit007
      comit007
      Bronze
      You know every time I post something here, it just doomswitches me.

I can't post hand histories effectively, but I will post 3 hands that have just happened within 15 minutes of each other only playing 2 tables.

#1)
      In the BB with J :heart: J :diamond: . CO calls, SB calls, I raise 4x the BB, CO calls, SB calls.
      Flop comes 3 :club: 5 :heart: 6 :spade: SB checks, I bet around 75%, call, call.
      Turn is 2 :club: SB checks. At this point I kind of put CO on a decent ace and SB on ATC as that is pretty much what he has been playing. I'm doubting either has a 4 unless it's maybe a suited A4. So I bet. I just about pot it. CO goes AI for about 1/3 the pot. SB folds. I call.
      River is another 2 and CO shows Q4o ftw.

#2)
      Dealt T :spade: T :club: on the button. UTG+1 calls, fold, I raise, blinds fold, UTG+1 calls.
      Flop is 8 :heart: 3 :spade: 9 :club: . Pretty safe. Buddy checks, I bet somewhere around 2/3's (maybe a bit over), he calls.
      Turn is 5 :club: . Again, pretty safe. Unless I'm against an overpair, set or 67 exactly, I'm still good. He checks, I smash about another 70% pot bet in his face. He calls.
      River is a 6 :spade: . Hmm. Spidey senses tingle, but whatever. He jams AI for a little under half pot. I make the crying call.
      He shows A :spade: 7 :club:

3) (my favorite by far. my wife actually came into the room and asked what the swearing was about)
      Seat #1 $2.54
      Seat #2 (Me) $3.98
      Seat #3 $4.94
      Seat #4 (SB)$4.75
      Seat #5 (BB)$3.14
      Seat #6 $2.65

UTG Call, UTG +1 Raise $0.08, (me) raise $0.30, CO raise $0.50, SB fold, BB fold, UTG raise $0.74, UTG+1 calls, I shove for $3.98 total, call, call, call.

Flop [K :heart: 5 :spade: 3 :diamond:]
      Turn [K :heart: 5 :spade: 3 :diamond:] [3 :club:]
      River [K :heart: 5 :spade: 3 :diamond:] [3 :club:] [Q :club:]

Seat #1 Shows [8 :club: 6 :heart:] Pair of 3's
      Seat #2 (Me) Shows [A :diamond: A :spade:] Two pair
      Seat #3 Shows [5 :club: 3 :heart:] Full retard full house
      Seat #6 Shows [4 :diamond: 4 :club:] Two pair

I may have tilted at losing to a 53o after it was pretty clear there were going to be more than 1 person in the pot.

It's been a week of this though. Getting into double digit times I've been called to the river only to get gutter balled. It's depressing. My bankroll is taking a fairly heavy hit, and I don't think I've been out of line with my play.

On a positive note, my play at the 5 max SnG's is still around 70% ITM. I need to work on my HU game as I seem to be leaving my winnings on the table at that point of the tournament. Making a half BI profit isn't as nice as making a 2.5 BI profit :f_cry:

But does anyone have any suggestions on how to capture hand histories from Unibet? I can't find any way at all.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      But does anyone have any suggestions on how to capture hand histories from Unibet? I can't find any way at all.

Are they saved in a file locally?
      If not, is there an option to do so?

If so, are they in plain text or .xml?

Does the program have an "Instant Hand History" feature?
      You might try pasting that into a generic hand converter to see what you get.

Have a look at Hand converting and see if that helps.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • comit007
      comit007
      Bronze
      I've looked. Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't even see an option for hand histories (apart from bringing up a window on screen that you can't highlight/right click).

On to the pokers...

Fuck today. Fuck it right in its' ear.

Runner runner flush. Check
      QQ vs QQ flushed out for the loss. Check.
      Flopped full house rivered to larger full house. Check.
      And 3 outed 4 or 5 times. Check.

All in all, I'm down 5 BI's for the evening. Yay.

Getting a beer.
    • comit007
      comit007
      Bronze
      And for the record, I just got off the line with customer support. There is no current way of exporting hand histories. You are able to view recent ones only. The solution I was offered by them was to take a screen shot and paste it into paint...

I suggested that having a right click copy/paste so you could at least save something in plain text wouldn't interfere with their no HUD system.

I'm sure the suggestion was taken under proper advisement.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, comit007
      I'll send you a friend request -- I have an idea, but I know nothing about Unibet, and don't think it is available here.

--VS
    • stukkrapoel
      stukkrapoel
      Bronze
      Hey comit007,

First of all good luck with you're challenge. I'm a Unibet player too and surprised that you're a Canadian playing on this Eurosite. Do you play in the same playerspool as us Europeans?

To answer you question: There is no way to export hand history. This is something that Unibet is trying to avoid since they have a unique philosophy about online poker but it seems to work out.
    • comit007
      comit007
      Bronze
      Ya I play in the normal player pool. I'll be honest though, it's rare that I'm on during prime time for Europe. As to playing there it started when I got upset at 770 and tried something new. Next thing you know, I haven't deposited anything and I'm getting a bit of a bankroll going.

Now on to the pokers.

I caved and deposited $25 CAD ($22.something USD) on Stars, just so that I could play some SnG's 4-6 at a time in non prime European hours without it being a PITA. It also gives me the benefit of being able to post some hands. And the odd graph. I'll still play on Unibet for cash I think, but it defeats the purpose of a blog if I can't really post anything for discussion.

With the theme of the last bit, the post for today will be from 1 SnG. I'd say within 25 hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.5 Tournament, 150/300 Blinds 25 Ante (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

UTG (t4,273)
      Hero (Button) (t4,989)
      SB (t3,243)
      BB (t995)

Hero's M: 9.07

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, K
      1 fold, Hero raises to t900, 1 fold, BB raises to t970 (All-In), Hero calls t70

Flop: (t2,190) 7, J, A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t2,190) 6 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t2,190) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t2,190

Results below:
      Hero had Q, K (one pair, Queens).
      BB had J, Q (two pair, Queens and Jacks).
      Outcome: BB won t2,190

Oh look. Another effective 3 outter. Good times.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.5 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds 25 Ante (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

SB (t5,073)
      Hero (BB) (t4,669)
      UTG (t2,443)
      Button (t1,315)

Hero's M: 6.67

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, A
      UTG calls t400, Button raises to t1,290 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls t890, 1 fold

Flop: (t3,280) 8, 6, 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t3,280) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t3,280) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t3,280

Results below:
      Button had J, 9 (one pair, nines).
      Hero had 5, A (high card, Ace).
      Outcome: Button won t3,280

Ok ok. It was a race. I was a bit ahead but no big deal. I can live with it. Puts him back in the game, but I have plenty of chips to work with...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.5 Tournament, 300/600 Blinds 50 Ante (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

SB (t2,348)
      Hero (BB) (t3,340)
      UTG (t3,952)
      Button (t3,860)

Hero's M: 3.04

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q
      UTG raises to t1,200, 2 folds, Hero raises to t3,290 (All-In), UTG calls t2,090

Flop: (t7,080) 8, 8, 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t7,080) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t7,080) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t7,080

Results below:
      Hero had A, Q (one pair, eights).
      UTG had A, 7 (two pair, eights and sevens).
      Outcome: UTG won t7,080

Grumble. So my string of 3 outters continues. It's ok I have some work to do now, but it's late enough in the tournament that chipping up is pretty easy. ICM play is not a strong suit at the old $0.50 9max SnG.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.5 Tournament, 300/600 Blinds 50 Ante (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button (t3,098)
      Hero (SB) (t2,936)
      BB (t2,556)
      UTG (t4,910)

Hero's M: 2.67

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 8
      2 folds, Hero raises to t2,886 (All-In), BB calls t1,906 (All-In)

Flop: (t5,212) 9, A, Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t5,212) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t5,212) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t5,212

Results below:
      Hero had 8, 8 (two pair, eights and sevens).
      BB had 7, 7 (four of a kind, sevens).
      Outcome: BB won t5,212

Ok. What. The. Serious. Fuck. Is. Happening. Here. ?.

And a graph for the evening.

Edit: Mixed up the order of the hands. Fixed them.