This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl50 Kk

• Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Tilt? I think I misjudged this hand actually.

Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      9 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $69.75
      UTG+1: $9.75
      MP1: $53.75
      MP2: $84.55
      MP3: $8.95
      CO: $9
      Button: $65.05
      SB: $36.60
      Hero: $9.75

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with K K
      UTG calls, 6 folds, SB raises to $1, Hero raises to $4, UTG folds, SB calls.

Flop: T J A ($8.5, 2 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero raises all-in $5.75, SB calls.

Turn: Q ($20, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $20)

River: 6 ($20, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $20)

Results:
      Final pot: $20

Villain is unknown

Right, so I was under some stress while multitabling here and thought "6 outs for K or Q if he has an ace" and shoved it, but I forgot that the K outs are dead to AQ and KQ already has the straight, and AK also hits a straight with the Q, all of which are possible hands here.

My needed equity is = Flopshove : Total pot = 5.75 : 20 =~0.288 = 28,8%

If I give him a pretty tight range of doing this here (donking flop and calling shove): AT+, KQ I have a measly 17,9% equity.

If I add some pair+gutshots (he looked like a donk afterall) AT+, KJ+, QJ+ I have 36% equity but this isn't very realistic... basically it's a clear fold. Right? :o
  • 4 replies
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      hi,

I think he can have a very wide range. He could also blockbet with a FD or a small Pair +GS or + FD like J9 :diamond:

His minraise could be only to holdings Preflop. Monster with AA or something weak. I think he has most of the time not a strong Hand.
      Against hands like AK or AQ you are behind but I think he will raise this holdings prelfop a bit more. Also with AA he could 4-bet you because you wouldn't fold after your 4$ bet.

So I will push this Flop. I think I am often ahead. Sometimes behind against a weak ace and somtetimes nearly dead against AA, AK, AQ. But I will also get some information for a nice note.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Fongie,

I think you often a Gutshot only and with an Ace high board , I see KK as dead meat. I tend to fold here post-flop because what can you beat actually? you have to discount the Q actually for the flush possibility.

Nearly no outs, no hand makes me a happy fold'er but I like to have some second opinions on this one.

An interesting hand Fongie,
      Gerv ;)
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Why 4$ preflop?

Raise 3x his raise and fold the flop...

I dont think its necessary to be concerned about the limper when determining your raise size here, because your raise is huge anyways.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Alright thanks everyone, I was pretty sure this hand was misplayed anyway.. but wanted to hear it :)

About the 4x raise... thanks, you fixed another leak :P Actually I've been told somewhere by someone to raise 4x when out of position, and actually here I wasnt even out of position so it's even worse :rolleyes: