This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

nl5 to nl100 in year 2015.

• MartinsStraupmanis
      MartinsStraupmanis
      Bronze
      Hello, everyone!

My name is Martinš (you can call me Martins), I'm 21 years old, I live in Latvia. I'm studying Business Logistics in Riga(capital of Latvia) Techincaly University, also have my own little enterprise(we make cute stuff out of wood). And on top of that I love to play poker. In past I have mostly played mtt, but I don't like to grind 8hours straight anymore so I'm willing to learn NL SH cash games. I got really motiveted after reading blogs on Pokerstategy, so I will start to blog and maybe after some time somebody will get motivation from my blog. Also I have many things to improve and blog can be great tool to keep motivated and ask for advice.
      For now I have played around 5k hands in nl5 on ipoker, I'm +5BI. I don't see point of sharing graphh, couse it standart. Better I will post some goals and game plan. :f_drink:

Game plan

Something like this, I hope it will work. Biggest issue for me will be volume, couse I have other important things, mostly enterprise. So poker is in second place, but I hope I will manage to play at least 10hours weekly.
      Good thing is that I won't make any cash-outs.
      I believe that nl5-nl10 is just pure grind and fish-cathing. After that I will spend some time to improve my games and try to be more aggresive. After some time I found this http://www.pokersnowie.com/ , I'ts looks very nice and could be great tool.
      Also I will partipicate in "get rich or die trying" and "Goal-Getter" promotions, mostly for fun.

Goals:
      [*] Beat nl5 by end of february/have at least 250eur BR
      [*] Be part of study group (this almost done, so it dosen't count)
      [*] Play at least 10hours weekly
      [*] Write intresting posts, make discussions
      [*] Write poker non-releted stuff

Well this evening isen't really good for writing, worked all day, so can't think clearly. Will try to update other day.
      Long story short: i'm new at cash games and will try to reach nl100 from nl5 this year. Good luck and have fun, this will be an awsome year! :f_thumbsup:

I will appreciate any comments and questions, so feel free to drop the here or add me to friends and PM. :s_grin:
      P.S. Sorry for grammar mistakes, I havent wrote long text in english for a while :( (another great reason to have blog here )
  • 6 replies
    • Anomic
      Anomic
      Bronze
      You shouldn't have deadlines you can't control, just focus on improving and play as much as possible. BRM seems a little aggressive and could lead to tilt (speaking from experience lol)

GL
    • vonki
      vonki
      Bronze
      subbed, but no time to read everything now. Will try to comment later! :f_thumbsup:
    • MartinsStraupmanis
      MartinsStraupmanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anomic
      You shouldn't have deadlines you can't control, just focus on improving and play as much as possible. BRM seems a little aggressive and could lead to tilt (speaking from experience lol)

GL
      Ty for advice! This is first plan, won't stick to ir if something isen't going my way, but I think it is doable :)
    • MartinsStraupmanis
      MartinsStraupmanis
      Bronze
      A little update. I deposited a bit more, so I can play nl10, becouse nl5 is very fishy and wast of time(can play good cards only :f_biggrin: ). In first nl10 was good, then added more tables and things get in their real place. But thats good, I have to learn to crush it. I will watch these vods http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/34641/ , so eveything will be good. A lot of work with bussines + University study started yesterday (last year:f_thumbsup: ) so no time to grind or to study poker. I hope it will get better at weekend. Good luck at tables and check out my fishy graph :f_drink:

• KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Bronze
      How is it going? Did You get back to NL5? :f_confused:
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Lai veicas!