Rebuilding v2.0

• WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      At one stage in 2009 I had a 12k bankroll then Rush Poker happened and NL200 rush killed me (and then NL100 Rush - down to around $2.5k).

Then I took a two or three year break to do other things.

I think it's time to get back into this, and get that stack going.

I'm going to stick with Rush, but now I'm playing NL50.

I've also decided to commit to coaching, and I've had a session with Oblioo and will have another sometime soon.
  • 10 replies
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Regarding the coaching with Oblioo, it was quite interesting. I thought that my pre-flop stats were fine, but he suggested quite a few changes which I've been working on, and it could be working I'm not sure.

However it involves a lot more call spots and also pfr spots without c-betting that I'm struggling to work out. In the next session we'll hopefully concentrate on the post flop space in these situations.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Now this is a big question:
      I had 570k full tilt points, and I've been trying to figure out a way to utilise them best. I was hoping to become black edge (like I was a black card member back in 2009) and convert to cash, but every time I try this I realise that at NL50 it's very hard work.

So last night I was feeding my new born baby (oh that's one of the reasons for this decision to try get back into this) and was one handed clicking around the FTP site and I noticed the Jackpot SNGs, which I had never looked at before.

I didn't know what they were but thought I would try one out with my FTP points, so bought 2x $50 tickets for 10k points each. I lost both, but I thought I could try this a bit more. I then bought 5x more.

Three of them were for $100 and I lost these, but one was for $300 and one was for $500 and I won both of these!!! a massive score.

The question is should I just use all my FTP points for this? It seems very profitable way to convert to cash (without becoming a Black Member). Thing is that the bonuses requires a bit too much grinding. The other option is $26 tickets for tourneys, but not sure I have the patience to play through them, as well as there not being that many around..
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He WildBeans,

welcome to our little challenge. I am unfortunately not very firm with the FTP-store,so can't give you an advice here.
      We're looking for your first update next Monday: Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread

CU,SvenBe!
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Week 1.
      26 January Update. (I'm doing it early because I need sleep tonight - no more grinding)

This week has been incredibly successful bankroll-wise but terribly unsuccessful in getting me to improve my cash game skills.
      Rush on Full Tilt seems to go well for a while but then I make stupid calls or chase something and lose everything I make. Then I play even worse on Pokerstars where I'm retardedly aggressive and ending up 3 barrelling so many hands where I'm not really representing much..BLEH. I have another session with Oblioo tomorrow, we're going to have a lot to talk about. I really need some assistance in smoothing out my play because I can't specifically identify what I'm doing wrong, but I can feel it happening often....

But now for the good news. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I had around 600k Full Tilt Points from when I did some serious grinding back in '08 and '09 which I've just never found a reasonable way to utilise (bonuses are terrible for me, because I never end up releasing before the expiry date).

So instead I used all 600k on $50 Jackpot SnG tickets, which equates to 60 chances. And boy was it a successful way to cash out my full tilt points. The first 4 I made $800 due to winning a $500 and a $300, then there were a tonne of crazy hands that prevented me winning much more (of course there is super variance in this game)... But eventually made over $3k..

NL50 Rush:
      Hands: 12 554
      Won: $59.74

NL50 Zoom - For some reason I play even worse on Stars
      Hands: 2 510
      Won: -$223.14

Full Tilt $50 Jackpot SnG
      Games Played: 60
      # Games Won: 17
      Won: $3200 !!!!!!

Plus $98 rakeback on Friday...

So my total for the week is +$3 134 - more than doubling my stack...

Total Bankroll is 5 640 (=125% increase)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      That's a lot of wildbeans :f_biggrin: :profit:
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      wow, nice - do you have any screens of the big wins? Would be nice to have that in our news coverage for the BR-challenge.
      Of course feel free to blurr your nick.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Week 2 has been a bit up and down
      I think my Cash game is improving, but still making big mistakes. On Full Tilt, I'm doing well at approx 5bb/100, but losing badly on stars. I did an analysis and I'm making big mistakes on the button, not giving enough people credit (it's weird that I give people credit on FT but not on stars, and I end up playing quite differently). Also my blind play is suffering a bit. The pic below shows this, but note that most of the mistakes in the blind were on day 1 and I've been playing much better since. Then the rest of the problems have been button.

What has been good though has been my tourney play. I've had 3 final tables and one first place. (Maybe I should concentrate on Tourneys, but they take up too much time!!)

Week 2
      Stars Zoom NL50:
      Hands 4322
      Won -$296
      FT Rush NL50:
      Hands 6145
      Won $173
      MTTs
      Tourneys 10 ($290)
      Won $725

FT Rakeback: $53

Net: $354
      Bankroll: $6005 (Less coaching spend)
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Congratz for that victory!

Tourneys really take lot of time. You can always play them every now and then if you feel so and still focus for CGs.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Another week of losing cash game but smashing tourneys. Need to work a helluva lot on what I'm doing in Zoom. Anyone know of zoom study/grinding groups?

Also I've taken some shots at NL100, just a table here or there.

Week 3

Stars Zoom NL50:
      Hands 2062
      Won -$86.52
      FT Rush NL50:
      Hands 4557
      Won -$304
      FT Rush NL100:
      Hands 1874
      Won -$96
      Total cash games: -$486.52

MTTs
      Stars: +$147 (41 x $7 Spin&Gos, $434 total winnings)
      FT: +$1232 (6 tourneys, 3 ITM, $1337 total winnings)
      Total Tourney: +$1379

FT Rakeback: $49

Net: $942
      Bankroll: $6947 (Less withdrawals)
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      Hi wildbeans

Pleas don't forget to update you weekly progress from the challenge here:
      Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread