This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

AK and QQ in ZOOM! Fullring

• Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      hello guys, latetly i having trouble playing my AK and QQ pre flop.
      Do you guys go all in whit 100bb+ pre flop whit ak and qq against unknows?
      in zoom you always face against AA.
  • 9 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I’m not to much in to FR cash games, but I wouldn’t stack off AK or QQ against a unknown for 100BB+ effective pre-flop. I expect the average player will play to tight to make this kind of stack offs profitable on the long run.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • NothingIsForSho
      NothingIsForSho
      Bronze
      Always stack off with AK and QQ preflop in full ring, because they always might have JJ and AQ.

Just like in the game of chess: Always give check, because it always might be a checkmate.
    • SirPaulius
      SirPaulius
      Bronze
      I have ~40k hands in a ZOOM NL2/5 FR. You should never stack off AK/QQ unless you have some reads. Sometimes not even pushing KK, cause mostlly you get called only by AA's (well maybe i was just too big nit).
    • la55i
      la55i
      I did some filtering. I have aroud 60k hands but they are from 6max so it might be a bit different in full ring. I think villains range when he shoves or calls your shove is KK+, AK and a few combos of AQ,QQ,JJ and TT. Agains this range AK has around 40% equity. QQ is doing a tiny bit better. I not sure if we should stack off with AK or QQ vs unknown but if we do I don't think it's a big mistake.
    • lkdr9494
      lkdr9494
      Bronze
      I agree with sdk and sirpaulius you shouldn't be stacking off pre-flop with QQ and AK.
      After the 5-bet is almost always pocket aces. Best case scenario for you it's a flip.
    • la55i
      la55i
      I have to disagree with that it would almost always be AA. But almost always it is a flip. Is it better to invest almost half of our stack and fold or start flipping?
    • lkdr9494
      lkdr9494
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      I have to disagree with that it would almost always be AA. But almost always it is a flip. Is it better to invest almost half of our stack and fold or start flipping?
      That's how it is in Full-Ring. 5-bet means AA or a stubborn KK, AK most of the time. Too many nits that the only thing they do is wait for these hands to stack off someone.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      when i played full ring zoom a few years ago, it was really bad indeed. i would recommend against shipping it in micros by default as well
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      Basiclly in Full ring everyone is nit, in 6max you can get AQ 99+ somtimes even AJ from fishis, so 6max is way to go!!