This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100, AKo

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $20,00
      MP3:
      $42,45
      BU:
      $62,60

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:heart: , K:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $4,00, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $4,00, CO folds, BU calls $4,00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($13,50) 4:heart: , 5:spade: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU bets $6,00, 2 folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $13,50

Would it be ok to go broke on this flop against 2 opponents with 2 OCs and a GS(10 outs)?
  • 5 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000

Would it be ok to go broke on this flop against 2 opponents with 2 OCs and a GS(10 outs)?
      The BU would not need to be bluffing too often to make it OK for you to CRAI in this spot. I doubt if bet/calling on this board is much good though.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Against such opponents I play Bet/Call with GS+2OCs for sure, now you are only giving money to BTN imo
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      I dont like bet/call here, i would simply push the flop. its not balanced but against such opps you dont have to balance and it will be plus ev.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      It's OK pushing providing villains have wide enough ranges especially if you are likely to get looked up by Ax hands. Otherwise you can often CRAI, occaisionally c/f and sometimes get a free card with the assurance that you likley have the best hand and play accordingly. Leading the flop allows villains to play mistake free poker.

Roughly speaking, giving villains hand-ranges of 10 and 20% and crediting them of being reasonable players post-flop then shoving on flop is about break-even including the times that we take down the pot.

This is a lousy flop for AK and even a CRAI versus slightly bluffy (50%of trash) BU is only a marginal winner versus our "10/20 opponents".

Conclusion:

Versus these two villain's i guess it's pretty close how to play. Folding certainly isn't terrible unless villain(s) are awful in some way.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      i would go broke on the flop. Push flop, your remaining stack is almost the same as the pot and you have some outs for sure....