This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

folding station,Micro's Fastfold NL10 down to NL5 :((

• nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      Played kinda average,i think i spewed too much people just dont fold. Got called 4 times by A high allin on the river when was bluffing 4/4 caught.96/100 i have a value hand there.. but.. yea ;D bluff 4 times get called what can u do.

Overall i was running really bad couldnt really get a + net sessions during the month,at the End went down to NL5 did good for whole week, last day Oct 30 -29,60$ in 2,5k hands brutal beats :D couldnt win a hand although won 400bb pot.

Heres the pathetic graph.

• redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      Hey @nostic, was just having a mooch at yr blog. I've had a similar journey; made it to nl10 then hit an epic run of negative variance ( =spewtard play by yrs truly :f_rolleyes: ) and I've dropped back to NL2 to gain a bit of confidence/experience. I've looked at the hands yr posting and I can see a lot of areas you can work on. You seem to be raising in spots where you have a medium/weakish hand. In these cases nothing better calls and nothing worse folds so you are only betting to take down the pot, which is not necessarily the best play. You have also posted a few hands where you have caught villains bluffing but in my experience so far there is not much bluffing going on esp. in zoom. River bets from villain are usually weighted towards value. True, it feels great to soul read someone and win with 2nd pair but if you loose 5 stacks to value bets for each bluff-catch then it's not going to be profitable longterm. Also, you seem to have a lagish type of game and I don't think it's sustainable at the micros. If nothing else the rake will kill you. My take on micro zoom is that most fish are quite loose preflop (esp. when there are multiple players already in the pot) but they play quite a tight fit or fold game postflop. When I say fit I mean anything; underpairs to the board and gutshots included. So you get value by making weaker made hands and draws call. Don't ever try and fold a made hand. I just doesn't work often enough.
      I definitely think moving down is a smart move. Don't get despondant that you are playing for peanuts now; it's all just experience before the real gravy starts flowing anyway eh? :f_p:
      I feel yr downswing pain. Keep working and gl!
    • nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      @redrawstump

Yea i guess playing tight is way better.Should definately do that..in last year i made +1,1k from rakeback from nl2-nl10 :D i raked in 6k~ sick :D D NL10 rake is the biggest it seems

I dont think i really have a problem with bluffcatching,sometimes i get confused and call off a small value bet but usually i see bluffs from value bets cos of spots ,sizing,timing tells that most of players here have.

It was funny and embarrassing to see why i am down so much after reviewing hands.Most of my losses are from bluffing,semi bluffing people just call 3barrels with 3rd 4th pair when the board is very wet
    • nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      November 1-19th havent played too much,have been playin MM EVENTS (+30$ or so only)
      cash game:focused on quality been playing 1 table zoom,was doing quite good untill today -25$ lost AKvKK AKxxx board,AA 3 times vs flopped set,1 of those 3 lost full stack MPvUTG i 3bet pre,got called b,b/c,c board came K5652 should have folded the river i guess, had a week break from PS earlier in November played at titan for silver,gonna get gold in Dec.
    • D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      GL! Let's turn it around! :)
    • nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      November was just bad,so bad ;D 25k hands -43$

Not really worth putting up the graph

Played 100+ micro stakes tournaments ~+29 net

Played quite big chunk of Super turbo 4max Double Ups on Titan site for the silver,like 7 bucks the down too,gonna go for Gold status this month started 2 days in with 50points sadly down 9 euros ,was just running horrible, people play so bad i was shocked,but they just kept winning what can i do.

Reviewed my game ,made so much mistakes i mean when i looked through the history i just f***** laughed at myself ,i know how to play those spots, i thought that i was playing right but its just funny did not folded so many rivers where i was beating a lot,with overpairs,but beating nothing that calls 3bet,calls bet on the flop and then bets the turn and river when checked noone bluffs like that,i know that but i still called :f_zZz: too stubborn. ;DDD:f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink: :f_drink:

I hope being hard on myself will help me improving myself to not be ashamed here infront of all of u :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup:
    • nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      Played not too much in december,from this day till new year gonna try playing atleast 3k hands per day ,running bad at NL5 yes cant really understand what im doing wrong still...

• nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      :deadhappy: :deadhappy: :deadhappy: :deadhappy: :deadhappy: :yaoming:

Sometimes i just cant understand why cant i ever hold the aces in these spots..

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $13.21
      SB:
      $7.56
      BB (Hero):
      $12.91
      MP2:
      $6.41
      MP3:
      $5.65
      CO:
      $10.46

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.12, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU raises to $1.05, Hero calls $0.65.

Flop: ($2.12) K, 3, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.62) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.85, Hero calls $2.85.

River: ($10.32) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $8.06, Hero calls $7.76.

Final Pot: $26.14.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, kings(K K).
      BU shows three of a kind, aces(A A).

BU wins with three of a kind, aces(A A).
    • nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      December was bad finished 42k hands -78$ Played bad in general.Some sick variance too like AAvAA,AKvAKvAQ loses preflop.Gonna try reviewing and putting some interesting hands.Been really lazy pokerwise,have not reviewed or improved my game this month.

Changing everything for the January planning to play 25 days atleast 3,5k hands/day that ~~ would be ~goldstar at Pokerstars for rakeback stuff.

January 1: 3,8k hands ~ +0.76$ xDDDDDDDDD
      January 2: 3,5k hands +34.28 (Proud) :-}:s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil:
    • nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      January 3rd 5.2k Hands -6.22$
      Crazy rollercoaster... usually those would go down and stay down.

Graph for January first 3 days:

• nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      Somehow i thought i improved my game and started playing better, Sadly i played horrible,run horrible. Heres the graph im running ~500bb above EV so i guess it could be ALOT worse.

I had showdown winnings turned off to not see red line everytime i go to hm2.
      Week into January decided to check hows redline doing.Yea basicly it goes straight down -1600bb over 27k hands where it supposed to be up to -400-0

I dont think that i should continue playing it seems im just playing worse and worse.

I am playing 26/21 and i am trying to play tight...but it seems its still too loose cause i just keep folding turns and river over and over.

• nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      Semi reviewed positions were i play worst. BB -45bb/100 horrible, but the important that EP is -15bb/100 and that shocked me ;DD

TO THE IMPROVEMENTMOBIL !!!
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      hi gl

just to mention a quick something that you might not have given too much thought about... betsizing. there's a lot of money to be made in zoom micros by varying your raise/cbet sizings since villain ranges are often inelastic in a lot of spots (silly example if villain has 88 on AK3, does it matter how much you cbet? or do you take notes on villains raise sizings?)
      just don't get too paranoid and believe people on the river :P
    • nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      I cbet 38% 52% 64%. Sometimes overbet turn 2x if i see a very good spot.Up to today was going quite decent but today losing 560bb sux,most of them lost w 2pair.top pair top kicker on turns.some on the river.So much aggression today in NL5 was just not prepared for that.

If i would have believed all the Turn raises an River bets i would been in profit for the day instead of a big loss.So yea need to improve massivly
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      64% is too low for your value hands in a lot of spots. you might also profit from not playing with deep stacks
    • nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      January 8 :

Played for ~4 hours + session turned out decently, still not liking the red line going down too fast.Started improvement style gameplay 3 zoom tables instead of 5(1 on 888 NL2 for Allingift tickets)

Heres the graph for the day. Too lazy to put hands for evaluation and stuff.Maybe some day ! :f_thumbsup:

• nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      January 9: For the sake of trying to run good collected 3 tickets from Jan daily 10k giveaways and registered to all 3 at Jan 9th !Hoping for some rungood ! won 1$ from giweaways as usual nothing for me

Today is the day that the month turned red from green -740bb over 2,4k hands... just sets over sets... overpairs vs sets...everyone had monsters every time they checked to me.Lost 3 preflop allins AK KK even though i won JJvQQ KKvAA once

Won like 14% of the hands played.. so that was a horrible session.Missing almost all the draws,when hitting everyone snapfolded.
    • nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      January 10-17 Havent played much last week,did caught some rungood during the sessions tho.Played average sadly,made some big river calls in pretty obvious spots.Gonna keep working on my game !No place for failiors.

• nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      2015 January got a bit lazy in the begining and feb 1/3 went slow

January:

February 2015 01-09

• nostic1
      nostic1
      Bronze
      have stopped playing at pokerstars cuz of toughness off the field allegedly xD playing sngs at some other site makin a living of 3$ 6max..sngs lol playin 4hours a day too soft...and at december 22 saw that calender promotion... that if i hit straight flush at nl zoom games ill get 20-to 5k... decided to take a shot played 4788 hands at NL2 zoom... look what ive got might as well renew some sort of challange at ps again after all xD