This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Four card straight...

• DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      Having a little conversation the other night with a mate of mine and we got talking about the above title.

as we all know a four card straight would be:

9 T J Q

However when we were talking we couldn't decide if you'd call a board as below a four card straight:

9 T J K

Only bits i've seen to do with 4 card straights have been when they are in sequence.
      Would you guys still call 9 T J K a four card straight? Or as my mate wanted to call it a four card gut shot!
  • 2 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      In Texas Holdem there is no such hand. I agree that when there is 4 cards in a row we could call it 4 card straight when we are discussing about a hand. When the board is 9 T J K there is no 4 cards in a row = it is not a 4 card straight and for sure it is not a 4 card gut shot because it is just rediculous :)

In a game where 4 card straight is a made hand we could call that 4 card gut shot.
    • aiurea33
      aiurea33
      Bronze
      :f_drink: