This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

can i beat?

• 3 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      No it's not +EV to play without stats. As to whether it's profitable -

NL25 probably in general.

NL50 depends on the site.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I played NL25/NL50 and a little NL100 without stats at ipoker, everest, Stars and FTP.

NL20/25 is easy beatable-> 5-7BB/100hands over nice hand sample. NL50 is a bitch and NL100 is even harder- played both more or less break even only bonuses add me some money.

O yea somehow NL25 at Stars i have -2BB over 60k hands ;( Stars are just really f*cking strange site for me. I got so many bad beats there sometimes in row which made me tilt away additional money :D So now i play more or less only few tourneys per month at Stars ;) - they also have crapy rake back deals for even medium volume NL players(which i would say i am).
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      It's +EV if you are able to beat the game. :)
      I guess you are asking whether these limits are beatable with the shortstack strategy even without detailed information about other players. Yes, it is. :)

I played NL20/25 on Pokerstars, iPoker (weird place, there are 5+ shortstacks at every table, but so many so terrible players that basicly anytime you get AA/KK you manage to go broke against any pair or Ace...) and PartyPoker and lately I've been playing NL50 on Pokerstars.
      All this seems to be beatable with a little advanced SSS (it's enough to use the knowledge from silver articles and videos).
      But it's true that I don't play 10+ tables or something like that, so I usually notice something very unusual like very loose players or players stealing 50+ % from LP and such).

Good luck!