This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH: KQ on sb vs bu

• Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy hand converter:

Known players:
      CO:
      $43.25
      BU:
      $50.45
      SB:
      $53.10
      BB:
      $50.00
      MP2:
      $14.15
      MP3:
      $66.80

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q.
      3 folds, BU raises to $2.00, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: (18.00 SB) 5, 2, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.25, Hero calls.

Turn: (18.00 BB) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4.50, Hero calls.

River: (36.00 BB) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $18.00, Hero folds

BU is same villain as in last hand: 18/16/1.1 ATS: 31%

Having 2 questions on the hand:

1. c/r turn any good vs 1.1af? without turning my hand into a bluff?
      2. If (as played) river blanks and he fires a 3rd barrel 60%+ pot, can I call +ev?
  • 5 replies
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I don't like flop play, I'd either c/r as bluff, donk or fold.

As played i'd c/r or raise turn. I like raise better here because of flushdraw but c/r is nice too because he'd often second barrel Q.

If river blanks I don't think you can call +ev either, what would he bet 3 streets that you beat? But I'd lead out again on river myself (lightly) to get some money in on worse hands.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      If you check raise here it's obviously a bluff it's certainly not for value lol it's not like he will call it with Q high. Usually i just check/fold flop if a 1.1af wants to cbet a bad board like that it's usually because he has something.

I like generals line of donking river small on blank as a block bet you can still get some value from 88-jj sometimes and doesn't put you in the position of getting owned oop.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      If he is still the one folding 3bets 70%, I am definitely 3betting preflop here.

As played, I would just fold the flop.

And once Mr passive starts to bet all streets, calling doesn't have much value.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i think playing this way is ok.

flop you could C/F, floating with overcards+backdoor is ok i guess.

playing turn like this is fine imo. you C/C because you don't want to rep flush by betting out. C/R would be even stronger looking and you would be repping flush, so just betting would be better than C/R. you need a big sample size to consider AF.
      just betting turn is fine too i think, as you get value from FD. river is easy C/F.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I rather like c/r than c/c on the flop, since unless you hit your Q, K or diamond you can´t continue on the turn.
      I would also 3-bet pf.
      Turn call is fine, no need to build bigger pot with marginal hand on that board.
      River fold is also frine- although he likely has flush or nothing, he has there flush too many times to call him down.