$1 Turbo late phase with OESD

• Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Hi,

This guys was mini raizing almost every time in position and often out position. I can put him in 50% range i guess.
      I have doubts on my preflop and postflop play

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Hero (BB) (t2835)
      Button (t13010)
      UTG (t1725)
      SB (t2430)

Hero's M: 4.72

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , 9:heart:
      2 folds, SB bets t600, Hero calls t400

Flop: (t1600) 10:spade: , 7:spade: , 8:club: (2 players)
      SB raises to t1630 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: t1600
  • 4 replies
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      If he minraises a lot I think K9 is good for a shove
      as played I definitely fold. you are very close to the money to go all in with such odds
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      either push or fold here... and with given stack sizes opponent has pretty much committed himself with a minraise so I lean towards a fold here... do to the fact we cripple ourselfs if we loose here and will most likely finish out of the money... on the other hand if you say he does this stuff often and is maybe likely to fold then I don't mind shoving here...

calling is the worst possible option tho :)
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      If he's minraising often I would push with KTo probably but fold K9o so it's a pretty close decision IMO. Calling is no good here since even when you hit the flop you're getting yourself in a tough spot because you can't be sure where you stand especially when you hit the 9....
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Hi all,

Originally posted by deVall3y
      If he minraises a lot I think K9 is good for a shove
      as played I definitely fold. you are very close to the money to go all in with such odds
      This. If he's always calling though just muck the hand.

Keep in mind in these spots that calling these minraises isn't "defending" against the aggression. It's donating money.