This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 - 99

• PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $16,78
      Hero:
      $14,55

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:heart: , 9:club:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, SB folds, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,65) 3:club: , 8:spade: , 5:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,65, Hero raises to $2,00, BB calls $1,35.

Turn: ($4,65) A:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2,80, BB raises to $13,05, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $10,25

It's importent to add that I didn't have the accual stats on villian since my trial is out. I definitly would have played it differently if I had it.

To the hand:

Preflop: I only raised 3xbb since I was BU. I don't like (for some wired reason) to 4xbb openraise from late pos.

Flop: Preatty standard play I suppose, I have an overpair and to a donkbet it's a obvious raise imo.

Turn: Should I just give up here? It's a scarecard and unless he got an ace or a flopped set, I think he would give up here.
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Preflop: I used to open 3bb too from late, but from experience people do give you more credit on nl10 with a 4bb raise, and also your c-bets will take down bigger pots :) I would advice you to raise 4bb until you reach a limit where resteals and light 3-bets are really common.

Flop: I would raise to 1.7

Turn: B/f like you did here. C/F is too weak since he could float you so easily with a flushdraw only, and I don't want to c/c this turn because he can easily have something like AcQc with that line, not to mention the sets of course.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      nh!

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar