This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Problems with Elephant set-up

• luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Hi everyone.

I have problems with the set-up of Elephant. Elephant installation itself goes well. When I install PostgresSQL I get a number of error reports:

- Failed to connect to the database. Procedural languages files are installed, but are not activated in any database.
      - could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
      Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
      - Failed to connect to the 'template1' database. Contrib files are installed, but are not activated in any databases.
      - could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
      Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
  • 3 replies
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      I went to the PostgreSQL website, installed some random crap and now it works. Don't know how and don't know why.

Btw: I'm using Windows Vista 64 bit, don't know if that has to anything with it.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I've got the very same problem, but I'm lost as far as what to do with it. Where did you say you got that 'random crap'??
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Go to postgresql.org and download the software. Install using the one-click installer and try starting Elephant again. Be sure that you check which username you use installing postgreSQL and don't forget the passwords.

Now I have another problem. My graph and stats in the overview pane don't update. It still shows I lost 4 bucks earlier this night, but I already made 20 bucks profit this morning.