This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

3way 3bet pot oop T87tt

• TheLearningM1ndset
      TheLearningM1ndset
      Bronze
      BB is again Urubu,

both other guys winning regs, both on the tighter and more passive side.

again, i just dont get the F decision to x/c at all.. i mean, ok, protecting ranges, but what in particular does he have in mind? he loses so much value vs fds many of which wont bet, or even 2pair w no redr/ pairs+gutters/some blockers, etc, which all would call a reaonable bet, but not bet themselves.. what is he hoping for?

a bet wide OTT from pfr who most likely has a 100% check here so is not rly capped too much, but still.. not a board good for him, so why not stab at it wide, when board is best for BB by far.. i d actually bet 2/3-3/4 pretty wide here. and havent rly considered that i should defend x/c THAT much. i mean SB is defending a lot there still too, so i can deffo overfold vs a bet from BU, even if SB happens to fold..

Poker Stars, $1/$2 Pot Limit Omaha Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $285.09 (142.5 bb)
      BB: $433.58 (216.8 bb)
      UTG: $200 (100 bb)
      MP: $383.24 (191.6 bb)
      CO: $211.69 (105.8 bb)
      BTN: $329.54 (164.8 bb)

Preflop:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $5, SB raises to $17, BB calls $15, BTN calls $12

Flop: ($51) :Th: :7h: :8d: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, BTN bets $32, SB folds, BB calls $32

Turn: ($115) :2c: (2 players)
      BB checks, BTN bets $70, BB raises to $322.25, BTN calls $210.54

River: ($676.08) :Ah: (2 players)

Results:
      $676.08 pot ($2.75 rake)
      Final Board: :Th: :7h: :8d: :2c: :Ah:
      BB showed :9d: :Ts: :Jc: :Td: and won $673.33 ($343.79 net)
      BTN showed :Ad: :Ks: :8h: :8s: and lost (-$329.54 net)

also: when he already lured the bet from BU, why not x/r then? i mean he has a redraw w the nuts and loses so much vs made hands on half of the deck right? i presume, he wants to have a resonable x/c range to be able to after x/x bet a lot OTR.. but still.. does this rly matter when the board is THIS dynamic?
  • 2 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It’s too bad we can only see your hand in the spoiler and I’m not sure with player you are, but on the flop seems like this is a cooler to me. Most likely the player with 88xx could fold on the turn with middle set.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      SDK, op is not in this hand. He's trying to understand the play of others...

I think that BB understands that BU can stab fairly wide on this flop since it's so bad for SB's range. Given that, having 'lured' him into betting wide, x/r is ok but he doesn't expect BU to be able to pay him off very often. I think x/c is fine here as part of balanced range especially as hand is HU once SB x/f. There are no cards on which BB must fold ott (even heart) and he blocks so much of BU value range that I like calling.