BTS Grindhouse Malta >{ ^ '')

• SenpaiSwift
      SenpaiSwift
      Basic
      Hey, photobucket killed the last blog so restarting here -_____-

We're in Malta at the BlufftheSpot grindhouse here in Sliema, been here for a couple months and everything has been pretty cool. It's crazy hot here in the summer but we've been finding things to do, some music festivals have come through, cashgame festival and probably a few trips near the end of the summer.

Have a few more things coming through Malta before the end of the summer as well as some trips planned for near the end. Daily schedule is mostly just wake up, grind, do something, grind, ???

Some pictures
      MTV Malta

Cat god, someone built a cat community in the park, like 30 cats live there :3

Walking back from Paceville much later than i'd have liked to

Cool outdoor calisthenics gym on the sea, can only go early monring or when the sun is going down tho, stupid african sun

best image upload site
  • 11 replies
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi SenpaiSwift,

Photobucket did the same to me. I have tried to edit your original thread and couldn't fix it for you. I had to download all the photos and add them to the blog again :why: So I understand your frustration.

Looking forward to reading future posts and good luck at the tables :f_drink:

Regards

Matt
    • SenpaiSwift
      SenpaiSwift
      Basic
      Some street festival is going on right now in St. Julians, apparently over the summer there's some kind of outdoor block party thing every few weeks, usually take a walk down the sea each day so pass through them, local maltese vendors/ food stands ect...

They had a "Mr. American" food stand and ofc i couldnt resist checking it out, just chicken nuggets and burgers, which I actually think is a gross misrepresentation of food culture in the US but couldn't resist trying it (also i do happen to love chicken nuggies and burgers) but they were pretty ****e, pretty sure the burger was at least x% horse :(

Everyone is traveling so i'm chilling here by myself, the games have been pretty good this summer which is great, also been doing a bunch of coaching lately which is fun, working with the same guys every week you quickly become friendly with each other and it's always good to have to explain your process out loud.

Left phone charger at some Ukrainian girls apt who i'm not keen on seeing again so missing my main pictures but snapped some on my backup of the street festival today.

Next week or so will be pretty quiet, but my buddies getting here on the 10th and the roommates should be back as well so we'll be catching up on shenanigans

Edit- forgot, we've been playing lodden and wanted to crowdsource some answers, later in the summer we are going to have some bet where the loser needs to go find out the real answer so we can see who is closer.

Question of the week -

How much would it cost to eat a bag of cheetos out of a strippers butt?

Our answers ranged from 200euro to "probably the price of the cheetos"
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That looks better. Good luck with your new blog :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • SenpaiSwift
      SenpaiSwift
      Basic
      Hey, will be updating this blog more often,

I went on vacation last month, munich->amsterdam->florence.

I missed the munich/ams posts, but will start this thread again by sharing our florence trip, which was a complete disaster and made me question my will to ever leave me apt again.

Florence -

My roommate and I missed our first flight to Milan bc we decided to eat 5 space cakes prior to heading to the airport. So now our plan is pretty ****ed, decide to just go to Florence instead bc we got better last minute deals there but have no idea what we are doing.

So we get there 2 days later than expected, at this point we have been in Amsterdam far too long and are probably at like 65% mental/physical capacity, but w/e they have pizza so we will persevere.

upload html free

Found our hotel at like 3am, actually worked out really well, found a nice 1bedroom+loft, nice view ect..

Spent first day doing normal tourist stuff

There are even scooters in the canal

Italian bus schedule, every day different routes/times. Bus arrived almost 30min late, then told us he wasn't taking his normal route today bc and i quote "i dont really feel like going there today" ... after germany/holland pub transport this tilted me more than it should have

Cool teahouse, owner will make "potions" for you, sadly no rungood potions available.

Our hotel room was only available for one night, we were leaving the morning after the 2nd night, so we decided to keep our bags at the desk and stay up the 2nd night, explore/smoke until like 5am and then hit the airport.

What we didnt expect was a storm that flooded the streets, it was literally a downpour, it took us 15min to find umbrellas and by then it was way too late. We decided to go smoke on the canal and then head to the teahouse until our flight. We get to the canal during a break in the rain, 2 mins in the rain starts again and 30seconds after we move, where we were sitting is 8inches underwater.

We've had enough, we want to leave, problem is we are completely lost, his phone is dead, mine is not working, and we are the only ppl stupid enough to still be outside/ nothing is open at this point. At one point my roommate literally just started screaming "HEEEELLLLPPP" at like 4am in the streets. The only thing that kept me from giving up and dying in the street was the desire to be dry just one more time.

We walked in the rain for probably 3 hours, the wind had broken one of our umbrellas and we were generally miserable. At a certain point we saw a group of young chinese tourists waiting for the rain to stop or something after getting caught outside after a club closed.

We walked up to them hoping to borrow their phone, but what they saw was two people walking through the pouring rain with a broken umbrella, probably looking like death stagger towards them, the guys actually threw themselves in front of the girls bc i guess they thought they were about to die or something i dunno.

They end up letting us borrow their phone, great... we find our hotel, grab our bags, and head to the train station to get to the airport.

We get to the train station, the flooding is so bad the entire station is shut down. We try to call a cab, the cab says the water is too high near bologna and we wont make it, that we need to get on a bus.

We go to the bus, where the bus driver tells us there's no way we will make it to airport on time, but we have no other option so we ask for tickets..... Bus is leaving in 5min at this point and for some stupid ass reason the place to buy tickets is like 20min away. Ok no problem, buy some tickets online i guess.

Roommate was so tired/defeated that he didnt even pay attention to the site he was one, they didnt even ask for an email address or anything, just said to send money to a paypal address, he does it, boom money is gone and no tickets. Try again on the correct website, no tickets available...................................................

So now holding only a receipt for scam tickets, we try to convince the bus driver to allow us to use our paypal receipt as proof of purchase, they scream at each other in italian until the bus is about to start moving, then we just walk in and sit down, i dont know how we pulled that off but managed, he probably knew 1/2 the ppl weren't making it to the bus bc of the rain and pitied us or something and let us on.

I pass out on the bus, vaguely remember coffee at the airport, then regained consciousness in malta. All in all a solid trip
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Now the pictures are working better and it looks nice. Nice to read your story of the last 2 months :f_thumbsup:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • SenpaiSwift
      SenpaiSwift
      Basic
      Appreciate you always fixing my pics SDK <3

Random pic dump

Grabbed dinner with MMA/SoF, went for cake and steak. Regretfully don't have pictures of cake but it was solid 8/10.

ty Mr.Cow

up loading photos

The pinnacle of German engineering

up loading photos

Betting company opened a new office by the beach....they have a slide.............

up loading photos

Potential spew opportunity

up loading photos

Malta is cooling down a lot, less crowded ect.. actually getting quite nice imo as fall/winter are my favorite seasons.

Poker wise, we are working on getting a more regular twitch schedule going and should have it announced soon. twitch.tv/bluffthespot
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That’s looks better. Nice pictures again. Also, some German in 1 picture.
    • SenpaiSwift
      SenpaiSwift
      Basic
      Slowly learning :f_p:

Everything has been a bit slow, mostly just grinding, going for food -> rinse -> repeat.

Have some cool things planned around the holidays, likely going to prague or vienna right before christmas, and then spending christmas in Germany. So got a bunch of work to do before then, if i end up in prague maybe punt off some at the pokerstars festival, always more excited to go to live events than i am when i'm actually there so we'll see.

Might start doing some twitching on the bluffthespot twitch, we'll see how i feel about it in november, either way the schedule should be more consistent now, twitch.tv/bluffthespot

Will update after the weekend as my drinking friend will be back for friday shenanigans
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Good luck in November and how ended October for you?
    • SenpaiSwift
      SenpaiSwift
      Basic
      October was a pretty brutal month overall, also nobody was really celebrating halloween which was unfortunate -_____-

November setting things up for a big fall/winter type push though. Weather is perfect for "watching out the window" but not really going outside type of weather so hoping that continues as well

Grabbed dinner with a few friends after going bowling.

Most weekends we will be having special bts streams, have ppl submit video footage for review by MMA ect..
    • SenpaiSwift
      SenpaiSwift
      Basic
      Sup peeps,

Weekend has been pretty busy, i guess friday was a holiday so we started early this week.

Thursday. Girl invited my friend and i to her house to drink with her friends before they go out, we don't know her friends but i have a small thing for the girl, so i drag my mate with me for moral support.

We start with a bottle of mulled wine and a few beers at my flat then head out, when we get there we realize everyone is brazilian and only 2 of them spoke any english, on top of that, one of the only other english speakers absolutely hates my friend.. like really hates him.

Anyway, we decide we need more beer, but in malta the only thing open after the sun goes down are bars/strip clubs. So we head to a small sushi restaurant and ask for "every heineken they have"... they scrounge up 13-14 beers, we head back to the house and speed drink our beer.

We head to the bar, i want to stay with the group because brazilian women, my friend wants to leave bc he hates them.. he decides he is going to win the argument via kamikaze... he walks up to a random girl in the group, winds up, i mean really winds up like hand above his ****ing head, and slaps her ass loud enough that ppl turn around to see what happened.

In a flurry of slaps and portuguese insults, he is forced to retreat and i go with him...

Friday, took it somewhat easy. Met up with a couple guys who are new-ish to the island, smoked a bit and then headed out to funky monkey, overall pretty fun.

Going out with the ass slapper again tonight so there's potential for something fun to happen.

Two interesting things my friends showed me this week

1st one, im picky about music but quite liked this stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC8CH0Z3L54

Then. courtesy of ass slapping friend i bring you this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ny4C5MV0lY&t=2341s

i dont know why but i actually find this really calming.. i cant explain it and i dont really want to konw but whatever

MMA will be streaming on our twitch page in 3.5 hours, 1130 CET time.

vammosss