This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh FD + 2 overcards

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $13.83
      Hero:
      $9.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , 9:club:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.80) 2:diamond: , 5:club: , 2:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.80, Hero raises to $2.20, SB calls $1.40.

Turn: ($5.20) K:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB calls $3.00.

River: ($11.20) 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $8.23 (All-In), Hero calls $4.25 (All-In), SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $19.70

should i bet turn? if so how much?
      i think i was supposed to fold river but i had to pay 4 in order to win 20 so i thought i got enough equity vs this raise from SB.

btw... he showed 88. wtf is this play from his side? how would u play on his place?
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Preflop call is OK to get some money from him postflop. 3betting is also an option.

Otherwise I think you played the hand fine actually, raising flop is fine (calling and floating turn is fine too but I like raising more), on the turn your bet is good and on the river you're committed to call. Nh!

I think his play is fine too, he has an overpair on flop and since you can often bluff here since it's SB vs BB calling your raise is fine. He c/c turn since K is a good scarecard for you to 2nd barrel on, and river obviously is ok.