My spin and go blog by tobaent

• tobaent
      tobaent
      Gold
      Hello everybody,

my name is tobaent and I am opening this blog to keep up with my progress in spin and goes taht I play on pokerstars. I am playing poker since I was a kid and never really stopped. I started with cash, then I played double or nothing SNG, then I played SNG, then I played 30-man-SNG. For the last couple of years I mainly played MTT with decent results. You can read it in my german MTT blog, if you like.

My main goal playing spins is becoming the best player in spins that I can possibly be.

:spade: My first goal is reaching the 15$ spins on pokerstars within my first 5 k spins. So far I am on track for that goal, I think.

:heart: Afterwards I want to reach the 30s with my first 15 k spins.

:diamond: It would be nice to reach supernova on stars this year, but if I don´t make it it will be my goal next year.

:club: My plan was to play at least 12 hours a week on four days, but right now I am playing on six to seven days a week with aproximately 16 hours per week. So I guess that I am on track with that.

I also have coachings with coffee, alvaro, Adriia18, epistokrat, siete777 and, since I am part of SpinLegends, which are really interesting.
      So far I have almost hit 1.5 k games. First 500 on 3 $ and 1 k on 7$

Since one picture says more that a thousand words. You find my graph in the spoiler!

That is it for today. Feel free to ask any questions that you might have.

All the best on the tables!

tobaent :f_thumbsup:
  • 19 replies
    • tobaent
      tobaent
      Gold
      Room for success! :f_thumbsup:
    • KTU
      KTU
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      very nice to see your blog here!

All the best for you.

[x] subscribed
    • tobaent
      tobaent
      Gold
      My dear reader´s,

in my second blogpost I am going to introduce myself to you. My name is Tobias and I am a 37 year old sport scientist from Hamburg, Germany. I am working as a general manager of a big sport club. My hobbies are to play baseball, go running, do yoga, read novels, go fishing, play chess, meet friends, travel, snowboarding and, of course, play poker. I am happily married to a beautiful woman who shares most most my passions to a certain extent, including poker.

Here are some pics:

All the best to you!
    • justmrwn
      justmrwn
      Gold
      The picture where you are walking down a macadam road and there i sea and and island far ahead, are you by change on the island of Krk(Croatia), and the island in the background is Cres?
    • tobaent
      tobaent
      Gold
      Yes, it is on my way to Magneli Beach on the beautiful island of Krk. I have been on Brac, Hvar and Krk within the last years. It is a nice walk down there. :f_thumbsup:
    • tobaent
      tobaent
      Gold
      Hello everybody,

the spins went ok recently, but still not great (CeV ~ 50). Today was really good with an CeV ~150. Still much to learn though.

I did not play as much last week because I changed my internet provider and because of three day fishing trip to the baltic sea.

Some fishing pics inside! :f_cool:

I hope that things are going your way at the tables!

All the best!
    • tobaent
      tobaent
      Gold
      Monthly review :f_thumbsup:

My first month blogging here was ok. The ChipsEV/Tourney (57) and the ITM (36.89%) could be better, but but it is better than last month (38 and 36.67%) and at least that leaves me some more room to improve. :f_biggrin:

Since you guys want to see pictures, I will satisfy your needs with my graph for may.

With the volume I am not really satisfied. I only played on 23 days and a lot of small sessions, since I had quite a lot to do at my job, changed my internet provider and went on a fishing trip. But it was worth it, as the link (I hope you speak some german) and the spoiler as well as the fishing pictures from my last post will tell you.

I hope you guys are doing just as good as me (or even better) at the tables!

All the best to you!

• justmrwn
      justmrwn
      Gold
      Good luck, to you to this month!Crush the tables:f_drink: .
      Hm...I dont understand you got a 10k prize for?fishing?
    • tobaent
      tobaent
      Gold
      The sports club I am working for won a 10 k (so called "Vereines-Ehrenamtspreis") prize from the Soccer Association in Hamburg sponsored by the Holsten brewery. :f_drink:
      Mainly for a project training people with physical and mental disabilities to become soccer referees. :f_thumbsup:

Not saying that soccer referees are mentaly disabled. :f_rolleyes:
    • tobaent
      tobaent
      Gold
      Hello again,
      it has been a while because of 1. job reasons, 2. private reasons and 3. poker related reasons.

1. I am not a professional poker player and working quite a lot. The last weeks have been quite busy because of several events that we did. But it is getting less now since holidays are coming up. :f_thumbsup:

2. My wife is pregnant and I have to support her a little bit more. :f_biggrin: It is too early to tell anybody, but since you won´t tell my wife, it is ok to tell you.

3. The month of june was quite horrible in terms of poker. It started of just wonderful. The middle of the month was just horrible. And the end of the month was ok again. But my ChipEv was only break even. And as you know from being part of a poker forum, nobody really enjoys talking about rough times as much as bragging, when it goes good. So I can happyly announce that the month of July is going quite well so far. Beacause everybody likes to see graphs, I am showing you mine today. Already at 2400 games, I think that my plan of being at the 15s after 5 k games is within distance. My secondary goal of being at the highstakes (which start in my world at 30s) is also possible, I guess.

I think that my game is improving thanks to the content our coaches from SpinLegends are providing.

But now the graph!

I wish all of you guys good luck and a lot of fun at your games!

• tobaent
      tobaent
      Gold
      Hello everybody,

it is time for a little update. This month is going pretty solid so far. ChipEv is at 79 and I am running way above EV. That is pretty nice too. I am also feeling pretty good at the tables and I am playing a little bit more than expected. I am really looking forward to August, since I am having three weeks of holidays while only going on vacation for a week, so I can most probably play way more than I used to.
      But now the graph for July:

Two days ago I saw the first picture from my child and heard the heartbeat. Pretty amazing!

Take care!
    • YakuDzen
      YakuDzen
      Gold
      Originally posted by tobaent
      Hello everybody,

it is time for a little update. This month is going pretty solid so far. ChipEv is at 79 and I am running way above EV. That is pretty nice too. I am also feeling pretty good at the tables and I am playing a little bit more than expected. I am really looking forward to August, since I am having three weeks of holidays while only going on vacation for a week, so I can most probably play way more than I used to.
      But now the graph for July:

Two days ago I saw the first picture from my child and heard the heartbeat. Pretty amazing!

Take care!
      Hi!
      Greate Job!
      Congratulations!
      Boy or Girl?
    • tobaent
      tobaent
      Gold
      Hello everybody,

this is going to be a short update for the month of July. The month was pretty amazing. I had my first small cashout with SpinLegends, I heart the heartbeat from my child (baby was 1,4 cm so no telling weather it is a boy or a girl - sorry YakuDzen), saw a sonogram, celebrated my birthday, started a new training schedule, got really sick and had a really solid month playing spins (look at picture below).

I was able to play 661 games on 7s with a ChipEV of 75. I am pretty satisfied with that volume and the outcome. :f_thumbsup: It was only my third best month from the money, but with ChipEV and ITM (39,49%) it was the my best month on 7s. At the end I was 30 buy-ins below my peak, which is a pitty, but I did a pretty good job not being affected by that downswing since the ChipEV was good. The rest is just part of the game, or variance and not influenceable. I also got a really good feedback from our coach for our homework, even though I could not finish all of it, which also motivated me to further improve my game: "Great work thinking through each hand! That´s great poker thinking right there."

Monthly graph and graph since joining SpinLegends (500 on 3s and 2400 on 7s)! :f_thumbsup:

July 2017

Alltime

I hope that you guys are crushing your games. Feel free to ask a question or leave a comment if you happen to read these lines.

All the best!

• KTU
      KTU
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      thanks for the update :)
    • BadHabit1989
      BadHabit1989
      Bronze
      hey hey.

just stumpled upon your blog and have to leave some words here.
      I really apprechiated every person in germany bringing sports forward that are not football!
      may baseball and basketball rise to a lvl like they are in the states!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      How is your Spin & Go adventure going the last couple of weeks?
      Further I wish you the best with playing spin & go’s and improving your game :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • tobaent
      tobaent
      Gold
      My Spin & Go adventure has been interrupted by a virus infection called hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD) and my summer holidays. The other days, when I was playing it went pretty bad. ChipEV is almost ok, but ITM and ROI is terrible.
      Today was a good example: I played 30 Games with a Cev of 57 which is not terrible (~ 40 should be break even). My evROI is 3,64% so I should have won $ 7,64. :profit: :appl:
      But I did not win 7 dollars. :truestory:
      No, I lost 98. :facepalm:
      But still everything is allright. It is a valuable coaching for my mindset. :coolface:
      When you are winning, you think that you are playing good poker. When you are loosing, you think that you are running bad. :thinking:

And now to something completely different. The first 12 weeks, which are considered to be the most dangerous in terms of misscariages, of the pregnancy of my wife are over. We are in the 13th week + 6 days and everything is fine. :f_thumbsup:
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tobaent
      My Spin & Go adventure has been interrupted by a virus infection called hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD) and my summer holidays. The other days, when I was playing it went pretty bad. ChipEV is almost ok, but ITM and ROI is terrible.
      Today was a good example: I played 30 Games with a Cev of 57 which is not terrible (~ 40 should be break even). My evROI is 3,64% so I should have won $ 7,64. :profit: :appl:
      But I did not win 7 dollars. :truestory:
      No, I lost 98. :facepalm:
      But still everything is allright. It is a valuable coaching for my mindset. :coolface:
      When you are winning, you think that you are playing good poker. When you are loosing, you think that you are running bad. :thinking:

And now to something completely different. The first 12 weeks, which are considered to be the most dangerous in terms of misscariages, of the pregnancy of my wife are over. We are in the 13th week + 6 days and everything is fine. :f_thumbsup:
      great to hear your not totally dead from the bad beats

also HUGE congrats to you and your wife. I remember when my wife and I got through the 12th week for the first time (we've been through that 5 times now ^^) It was so great im happy for you. God bless your wife and child.
    • tobaent
      tobaent
      Gold
      Hello everybody,
      this is only a brief update, even though a lot has happened since my last post. I had to work much more hours at my job combined with the pregnancy of my wife. . So what really suffered was my volume at spins. I also had quite a downswing that I had to battle through.
      The ChipEv is still not great with 50 overall at 7s, but at least the graph is pointing in the right direction. We have a saying in Germany for that: Langsam ernährt sich das Eichhörnchen.
      This is the graph:

I hope that you guys are doing just fine!
      GL at the tables