This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Win a storm HH review with w34z3l!

• w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Win a Storm HH Review!!

Hey all,

This is your chance to win a free storm HH review. The competition is simple! Just leave a post here explaining why you should win the review. There could be a few of these up for grabs, we'll see once the responses start rolling in. Feel free to include graphs, images, videos, gifs, whatever you think will get you chosen!

What is Storm HH review Anyway?

Concept is simple! Like a regular HH review video, but at a lightening rate. There is no reason to spend more than 60 seconds on a hand unless it is super interesting or complex. No more super slow HH reviews where the coach can spend 20 minutes on a single hand. Sure, these can be useful sometimes, but with the storm HH review we are guaranteed to get through a large amount of hands in just one session. Very often the goal will be to run through every single pot above a certain size played in one session. This increases exposure to different types of hands and strengthens scenario recognition. It's by far the most valuable form of HH review for the majority of players.

So How Does it Work?

If you are chosen, you will have to submit hand histories for at least one session of poker you have played recently.

Feel free to submit your entire database if you'd like us to use stats to arrive at the best exploitative decision on each hand. If you just want to submit the single session itself, this is fine, we'll decide what the best play is against unknowns at your limit.

The hands you submit will be used to make a storm HH review video which will be published on pokerstrategy.com. If you don't want your hands shown in a video then this competition is not for you. However, we'll use the PT4 replayer when making the storm review since this allows us to conceal screennames, if you prefer for others not to see your screenname. (Optional either way).

How Does the Storm Review Help?

We'll primarily be reviewing bigger pots. If there are any patterns to the type of mistakes you are making in big pots, you'll get these leaks busted for you in the Storm review. It could be bet-sizing errors, range construction errors, or general spew. If there is a problem, we'll find it.

This is a great opportunity to have your leaks identified and improve your game. You'll also be helping the pokerstrategy.com community since they will also benefit from the hands that you have submitted.

Alright, good luck guys, get posting.
      w34z3l
  • 15 replies
    • imgoingtomirage
      imgoingtomirage
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      :f_thumbsup:
    • Tim128
      Tim128
      Bronze
      I would like to be the one featured!

Why me?

3 reasons:

1. I am the first one to post.

2. I mainly play untracked sites as I think there are more weak player there, however I do not get to analyze my hands that often, I do sometimes play a bit on pokerstars with tracker just to see some stats, but it would be very nice to get a (short) analysis on many hands! A benefit from this is that all the players I will play against are unknowns to me, so it would be a good thing for the video: How to play against the NL16 population.

3. I just moved up to NL16/NL20/NL25 from NL10 so there might be some spots that I haven't adapted to yet, which could be interesting.

Now it wouldn't be a good entry without some cool pictures about my 'poker' career:

Biggest pot ever won:

Biggest Tourney Win:

Best punish:

Story: Preflop: Villain open limped and called my iso Flop: I cbet, he shoves - That's not how you play aces sir.

NO GRAPHS - I don't play on tracked sites so I can't provide graphs, I can tell you however that I've been winning for about 10bb/100 over my 30k hand sample at NL10. (And 15bb/100 over 12k hands at NL4)

Playing style: Get lucky!

Edit: I am switching to MTT player at the moment, so I think it's better to pick someone else... They may find more value in it.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Hey, i'd f*cking love a review!

I'm playing NL10, I played almost 75k(!!) hands last month and finished the month spewing off stacks because of a downswing and IRL issues, which threw my game off.
      But todays a new day, a new month, and I'm willing to put in the work and take any chance I can get to improve, I've watched almost all of your videos to date and play daily. I refuse to give up.

I want to become a decent grinder like yourself, and have no idea where to start on database analysis. This would be extremely eye-opening and useful for me,.. i wana plug the damn leaks!

Graph:

• bigdog63
      bigdog63
      Bronze
      Hi w34z3l,

you really want to review my HH for a multitude of reasons.
      I am currently playing mainly NL16 Zoom, with occasional shots at NL25.
      I have some obvious leaks, some I know (defending BB), some I cannot really pinpoint, but are clearly visible from my red line. It actually drives me crazy, because obviously put myself into bad spots quite often. I also have a tendency to:

- call down when I should not,
      - make big folds, when I should call or raise
      - plenty of questionable postflop decisions

I will provide my whole hand history at NL16 (36k+ hands this year) and getting jucier by the day

It will surely contain some megatrends AND many badly played big pots.

Looking forward to your stream tonight
    • SpearTip
      SpearTip
      Basic
      I need to improve to fund my dream of buying an ostrich farm
    • oracul111
      oracul111
      Platinum
      Dear Strategy!
      I am with you since 2010. I am currently playing nl25 and I'd like to improve my game with storm HH review so I can play higher limits and earn more SP :f_biggrin:
    • imgoingtomirage
      imgoingtomirage
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      You can still apply :f_drink:
    • imgoingtomirage
      imgoingtomirage
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Bump :f_cool:
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Well hello there!

This sound like a greeeaat opportunity for the average Joe, recreational, wannabe good player like me.

So this a great opportunity for you as well to coach one of the future's best micro crashers. :f_cool: :f_drink:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ofT5RnMByv6D7jEmk/giphy.gif
    • aguador11
      aguador11
      Basic
      Because i think I am the worse Spin and Go player of all times.. 4 hours a day watching theory videos and 4 hours playing, (grinding 020 cents in Italy) and still have only 31 Ev adj ((( and cannot understand why.
    • DjolusVicenus
      DjolusVicenus
      Platinum
      Hello dear sir!

Reasons why I should win:

1. I am struggling at NL10 Zoom atm... I am in poker land close to 4,5 years and I never got past NL10 in stars... I know I can do better.

2. I watched a lot of videos in general, that Includes yours too!

3. I am eager to learn, get better. I put the hours when I can play, so volume is not a problem.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Do we have a winner/winners yet? :f_cool:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey guys,

Hurry up and get your entries in. :fouet:
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys, thanks to Tim, Decmate and Bigdog for notable entries.

Unfortunately there can be only one winner, so this time we are going with Decmate.

Thanks all, and congratulations Decmate.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Omg thank you so much! Talk to you through skype man! :f_thumbsup: :f_love: