This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL10] 3Bet Pots OOP - KK vs 3TAs board

• vinibarbosa
      vinibarbosa
      Bronze
      I'm studying my game in 3Beted pots OOP.

How would you play this hand?
      I think that a late Cbet could be a good move here in most situations.

And IF in this hand the villain bets the river IP (posible bluff in the flushy board), what would you do?

Thank you.

888 Poker - €0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): €10.54
      UTG: €8.12 (VPIP: 21.43, PFR: 7.14, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 14)
      MP: €10.42 (VPIP: 29.01, PFR: 11.91, 3Bet Preflop: 3.77, Hands: 1,936)
      CO: €10.00 (VPIP: 19.67, PFR: 14.50, 3Bet Preflop: 4.18, Hands: 691)
      BTN: €21.73 (VPIP: 19.06, PFR: 13.75, 3Bet Preflop: 3.94, Hands: 5,284)
      SB: €13.03 (VPIP: 42.86, PFR: 34.69, 3Bet Preflop: 23.53, Hands: 55)

SB posts SB €0.05, Hero posts BB €0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.15) Hero has K:spade: K:club:

UTG raises to €0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to €0.90, UTG calls €0.60

Flop: (€1.85, 2 players) 3:diamond: T:diamond: A:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: (€1.85, 2 players) 6:spade:

Note: Should = Late CBet - ?

Hero checks, UTG checks

River: (€1.85, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Hero shows K:spade: K:club: (One Pair, Kings)
      (Pre 81%, Flop 90%, Turn 95%)
      UTG mucks 8:club: 8:heart: (One Pair, Eights)
      (Pre 19%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins €1.76

(i'm member of the spanish community here)
  • 8 replies
    • lfcmichael
      lfcmichael
      Bronze
      Personal view here, as I don’t play NL10.

Flop: I would prefer to c-bet here and potentially take it down now. We could be ahead here and villain could easily hold one diamond, so I don’t like giving a free card. If we had Kd, then I’d prefer to check-call, so as not to be raised off a draw to the nut flush.

Turn: As played, I agree that a delayed c-bet should be good. Villain doesn’t have the flush and the turn card is a brick.

River: This is tricky. Because we didn’t bet earlier, villain can easily stab here if we check and he might now have the flush and raise if we bet. I guess I’d call a small bet here, as KK is an OK bluff catcher.
    • vinibarbosa
      vinibarbosa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lfcmichael
      Personal view here, as I don’t play NL10.

Flop: I would prefer to c-bet here and potentially take it down now. We could be ahead here and villain could easily hold one diamond, so I don’t like giving a free card. If we had Kd, then I’d prefer to check-call, so as not to be raised off a draw to the nut flush.

Turn: As played, I agree that a delayed c-bet should be good. Villain doesn’t have the flush and the turn card is a brick.

River: This is tricky. Because we didn’t bet earlier, villain can easily stab here if we check and he might now have the flush and raise if we bet. I guess I’d call a small bet here, as KK is an OK bluff catcher.
      Nice!
      Hmm agreed to the flop... Looking for this side a bet would be good. I don't really like transforming a KK to a bluff by the flop, buuut in this scenario i think it would be ok. Thanks!
      What sizing? 2/3, 3/4?
      I think a 1/2 pot wouldn't be efficient in the fold equity of NL10. (THEY CALL SO HARD hahaha)

By the river i think i would call any bet 1/3 or 1/4 of the pot and fold to all other sizing.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      I also prefer to make a cbet on this flop. If we xb on what cards are we going to call on turn?
      As played, I prefer to make a cbet on turn. Villain showed no interest and we can take the pot down.
    • sdf256
      sdf256
      Bronze
      I agree with comments above me. I would prefer to bet 1/3-1/2 on the flop and potentially take the pot there. However Im not sure what would be ideal to do later in the hand in case he would have called me on the flop. Any sugestions?
    • lfcmichael
      lfcmichael
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sdf256
      I agree with comments above me. I would prefer to bet 1/3-1/2 on the flop and potentially take the pot there. However Im not sure what would be ideal to do later in the hand in case he would have called me on the flop. Any sugestions?
      He could call a flop bet with many hands, I think.

He probably defends our 3-bet with good pocket pairs, AQ and AK, although I’d expect him to 4-bet AK and QQ at least sometimes. Also, there are only 6 possible AK combinations.

He shouldn’t have any flushes, because Ad is on the board already.

I think it’s distinctly possible that he would call us with something like JxJd or QxQd.

So, on this turn card, if he calls a small flop bet, I’m wondering about betting again. What do people think?
    • patuxz
      patuxz
      Black
      I would xf kings there.
      Why?
      Your hand can't improve. Even on Kd your hand is just a bluff catcher.
      Not expecting wide bluff on this board, especially from your villain.
      As played I might block bet the turn. I'd expect AQ to bet for protection. and It's nice if you get 7d7x to fold, it still has decent share of equity.
      You got the best result when he checked down, but that might not always be the case.
      You just have to make sure you're somewhat balanced when you block bet the turn.
      i.e if you have AxKd, what hands do you really get value from on the flop? That could work out as a check.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      I agree with patux, x/f flop, 1/3 turn, x/f river.
      Betting the flop is death, you have no equity if you get called. Things we fold out have no equity vs us.
      When he checks back the flop, he's shown weakness and we can potentially get folds or value from pairs with a small bet.
      Patuxz said it all.
    • sdf256
      sdf256
      Bronze
      Actually I like Patuxz's way of thinking as well. I didn't think about it the way that our hand basicly can't improve (it would have to be K OTT and K OTR to give us nuts) not saying that Kd OTT wouldn't be the best card for us at all. So giving up OTF seems reasonable.