This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] Three of kind flop river bet or check/call?

• ToddBrunson
      ToddBrunson
      Bronze
      Villain is weak LAG player, 5k hands: 35/21 WTSD 34 and WonSD 41. River came not a best lap for me, but only two possible combo hit me, AQ, Q9. I think i played well and he call lot of bad hand river. And just call the river seems like he doesn't looks well.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $5.02 (100.4 bb)
      BB: $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $5 (100 bb)
      MP: $6 (120 bb)
      Hero (CO): $9.95 (199 bb)
      BTN: $6.37 (127.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with :7h: :7s:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.37) :5s: :7d: :Jd: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.29, BTN calls $0.29

Turn: ($0.95) :Kc: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.91, BTN calls $0.91

River: ($2.77) :Tc: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.66, BTN calls $2.66

Results:
      $8.09 pot ($0.34 rake)
      Final Board: :5s: :7d: :Jd: :Kc: :Tc:
      Hero showed :7h: :7s: and lost (-$4.01 net)
      BTN showed :Qh: :Ad: and won $7.75 ($3.74 net)
  • 10 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I think you played it well and on the river you have still some value. It’s not to likely he hits a straight and if he does he will raise and then you can still fold.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • ToddBrunson
      ToddBrunson
      Bronze
      Thank you. If he raised my cbet the river i had to fold? I think he maybe overplay some two pairs or AK.
      And the river came 3rd diamond correct play similar bet/fold? And if i had got only 100BB, almost pot commited if i bet the river and very difficult folded three of kind this board.
    • RubbyDubby
      RubbyDubby
      Bronze
      YUK... what a pathetic sucker.

No never fold... he's BAD.

He even called your river bet with the absolute nuts!!!!! My god... pisses me off!

Haha... sorry bout that!
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      On river you can make a slightly smaller bet. If he raises, you can fold as apart from the straight, there are better sets too.
    • ToddBrunson
      ToddBrunson
      Bronze
      Yes, but villain called often one pair, two pair similar board after river and i try maximum vbet for this hand. Lot of combos against what i can maximum value bet for villain range: 55, KJ, K10, K7, J10, J7 AK. Of course easiest broke if i had JJ or KK.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      What of these is calling 3 streets of solid bets?
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      It looks well played to me.
    • MrQNo
      MrQNo
      Bronze
      Since the possible Straights cannot call otf and ott, and TT has to fold ott, you only have to think about slowplayed JJ or perhaps KK. You beat every hand that could call on the other streets. Now this is NL5, and bad play is reported to have been seen there sometimes;-) so you may be concerned a LITTLE bit about monsters. But this is a clear river bet, and you can write a lot of notes after this hand.
    • la55i
      la55i
      This looks good to me. You have a nice sample, villain has quite high WTSD and low-ish WonSD and he seems to be loose pre. Could mean that he calls a bit wide. You have a set and there are not that many reasonable better hands that he would play this way. AQ and Q9 make a straight but him calling flop and turn with those (if not AdQd and Qd9d) seems a bit of a stretch. This is BTN vs CO so I would also expect him to 3bet quite often pre with JJ or KK.

Lot of combos against what i can maximum value bet for villain range: 55, KJ, K10, K7, J10, J7 AK.
      55 might raise flop, same with J7 (if that is even in his calling range).. But yea, there are this kind of combos that will call your bet. You have a nice sample so we could get some more info from his fold to cbet and raise cbet stats also.

But overall I think it was well played and I see no problems in 3barreling a set vs a guy who looks loose and likes to see showdown quite often.
    • Tonyx86
      Tonyx86
      Bronze
      Well played in my opinion. There are two maybe three combos ur loosing against.

78s and TT, sometimes JJ. Never ever should AQ still be in his range on the river.