This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KK - Good/bad check/bet? && 7's, - goodplay?

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Known players: 
      SB:
      $5.01
      Hero:
      $3.09
      MP3:
      $2.26
      CO:
      $4.42

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 calls $0.06, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.20) Q:club: , Q:spade: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.17, MP3 raises to $0.34, Hero calls $0.17.

Turn: ($0.88) 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($0.88) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.66, MP3 calls $0.66.

Final Pot: $2.20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens (Kd Ks)
      MP3 shows three of a kind, queens (Jc Qh)

MP3 wins with three of a kind, queens (Jc Qh)

I didn't think he would re-raise with trips.
      I wanted to see what he would do when i check it too him, after he checked behind i was thinking he was on a flush draw.
      Was the check bad on the turn? Looking at it now i think i should have checked the river.
      =( dumb KK!

Hand 2

Was this good play? i feel like i played well.

Known players:  
      Hero:
      $4.50
      CO:
      $3.96
      BU:
      $5.56

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:club: , 7:spade:
      MP3 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.05, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.16) 2:club: , Q:heart: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BU raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $0.65, BU calls $0.25.

Turn: ($1.46) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.77, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.46

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, sevens and deuces (7c 7s)

Hero wins with two pairs, sevens and deuces (7c 7s)

(:
  • 3 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Hand 1 -

preflop - raise a little more. Standard raise is 4BB + 1BB per limper, here you should raise to 7 BB, perhaps even 8 BB for being OOP.

Post flop - probably calling that minraise then playing check-fold turn. On the river if it had been a blank perhaps check-call, so long as the bet wasnt too large. Since the river is a club, check-fold. Its too likely we are beaten here.

Hand 2 -

Preflop fine

Flop - donk is fine to find out where you stand. You clearly dont believe BU had a queen. You cannot easily represent a 2 unless you are fishy-loose 70 VPIP, so if he has a queen he is going all in with you here.

Personally I am folding to BU's raise. I bet in this situation to ask if my PP is still good; if villain decides to cbet-raise with air then I get bluffed out of the pot and so be it.

Your flop re-raise had no fold equity though. You should not minraise as it very nearly gives villain with AK odds to call here just to draw at overcards. Raise properly to ~$1.20 if you want to play strong here.

Half pot on the turn... no way you pushed villain off a Q with that. Villain had AK or similar for sure. If you were trying to push villain off TP you needed to shove here.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      In my personal opinion you should always raise at least 5BB's preflop on 2NL. Even without limpers. In this case just make it 7-8BB's (~15c) pre-flop.

On the river I would probably just check/call cause villain almost always has Qx there.
      Alternatively you could lead out on the river like you did but make your bet somewhat smaller, 75% pot bet when you're only gonna get called by hands that beat you doesn't really make sense.

Hand 2:
      I dunno what to think about that really... I just cannot believe villain folds a Queen there... only a really huge fish would fold there cause he's scared you have a 2 there.

BUT: Don't 3-bet the flop imo. I would flat call there & just lead the turn out again. If you do want to 3-bet on the flop, I don't really like that min-re-raise...
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      1st hand:

Raise to $0,13 preflop.

Flop: bet less on the turn ($0,15) and call a minraise
      Turn: Sometimes I would bet, sometimes I would c/c. I prefer betting here($0,60), because of flushd draw possible and his wierd minraise.
      River: As played, c/c a reasonable bet.

2nd hand:

Preflop: calling or 3-betting is fine.
      Flop: either c/r or c/c. bet/raise is not good since you are isolating yourself (and betting pot is not good, either). I like c/c and donking any turn.