This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] BB vs SB weak ace

• RemiRem
      RemiRem
      Silver
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 140.8 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)
      SB: 170 BB (VPIP: 23.73, PFR: 16.95, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 62)
      Hero (BB): 161.2 BB
      UTG: 168.6 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 16.00, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 26)
      MP: 97.8 BB (VPIP: 4.55, PFR: 4.55, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 22)
      CO: 122.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 6:diamond: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, SB calls 7 BB

Flop: (20 BB, 2 players) T:club: 4:club: K:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 12.8 BB, SB calls 12.8 BB

Turn: (45.6 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: (45.6 BB, 2 players) 2:spade:
      SB bets 22 BB, Hero calls 22 BB

OK so standard situation here. Anyways im still learning blinds def and usually avoid playing weak aces. Once i get called preflop here, should i cbet? This flop just fit so much of his calling range. Only hands he's folding are 22-99 pocket pairs probably. Mistake on cbetting aside, what do you think about rest of the hand? I checked back the Ace for pot control, and since i had showdown value I hoped he checks the river.
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      you completely missed and the board isn't actually bad for villain, so this is a flop check.
      turn seems close, check is fine but i prefer a small bet/fold because there's some value and river play is going to suck if he bets, people aren't going to exploit us with light check/raises. river is whatever, you "must" call, but of course he can have a lot of better hands here.
    • zetozinho
      zetozinho
      Bronze
      I prefer to check-fold OTF. Board is not the best.
      Turn is a breeze. Could go for a bet (and I completely agree with Tomaloc about the light check-raises) just to avoid a difficult decision OTR.
      As played, calling the river is pretty fine imo. You could be beaten, but you're getting a good price with TP.
    • MyFloXyBabY
      MyFloXyBabY
      Platinum
      If you're not used to these situations you can also flat pre you know =)
      Flop you're betting too much, it's more of a check but if you bet make it half pot.
      River his sizing is value heavy, I don't see regs bluff stabing rivers in 3bet pots at NL5 anyway so it's possible to fold. He should know you have SDV and shouldn't expect you to fold it easily.