This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Double the BR in 2 days :D

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      OK ok, it sounds better then it seems, but i'm really pleased with myself.

I got a free bankroll of $50 on absolute poker and i have worked it to $100 within the space of 2 days, is that good? im playing NL 0.05/0.10
      I wish i had the experience i do now when i recieved the free PS $50!

but hey :D
  • 44 replies
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Well, 2 things. 1 You can't possibly be using any form of BRM if you doubled your capital in 2 days. 2 you didn't get any capital here for Absolute so why you posting it here?
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Hello,
      I'm interested in more details. Oh and graphs or it didn't happen :D
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kenthmp
      Hello,
      I'm interested in more details. Oh and graphs or it didn't happen :D
      Obv he can't post on here where he got the money. But there's something called Google. You could try that.

And yea. Graphs or...
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      Playing NL10 BSS it is very credible to make $50 in two days. Especially on an upswing.

NL10 BSS with $50 is fairly bad bankroll management but if you make low variance moves (not recommended because you miss +EV spots) you could get away with it.

I don't think its too spectacular. If you said that you made 500BB in two days playing NL10 it sounds fairly reasonable.
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      i just did the same on NL25... also without BRM i played NL25 (sometimes with just 2 BI) and two days ago i jumped over $300 (12 BI is so much better :-) )
      yesterday i found a big fish who tried to bluff me 3 or 4 times, it was kind of hard to ship it with very marginal hands but he almost always had nothing and the session ended with 8 BI up... and jeah today i made another 4 BI so now for the first time since i played NL25 i have proper BRM :-)

and from now on i will stick to it... i just ignored it because the absolute value was not extremely high... now the absolute value (in dollars) becomes more significant to me :-) ... i hope the run continues :-)
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Thanks for resposes, and i don't have graphs because poker elephant doesn't support AP. But i don't mind if you don't believe :)

And it feals like more then an upswing, i was just playing my A-Game vs some fish an some know it alls. But i'm happy! :D

And it wasn't a 2 day solid thing, just about 4 hours at night so about 8 hours :D
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thebigheizung85
      i just did the same on NL25... also without BRM i played NL25 (sometimes with just 2 BI) and two days ago i jumped over $300 (12 BI is so much better :-) )
      yesterday i found a big fish who tried to bluff me 3 or 4 times, it was kind of hard to ship it with very marginal hands but he almost always had nothing and the session ended with 8 BI up... and jeah today i made another 4 BI so now for the first time since i played NL25 i have proper BRM :-)

and from now on i will stick to it... i just ignored it because the absolute value was not extremely high... now the absolute value (in dollars) becomes more significant to me :-) ... i hope the run continues :-)
      LoL. Makes me wanna try it. :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      When are you planning to go broke :P ? Speaking of A-game, NL25, no stats and bronze members... I'll give you 2-7 days :) .
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      When are you planning to go broke :P ? Speaking of A-game, NL25, no stats and bronze members... I'll give you 2-7 days :) .
      The guy thats NL25 is gold...

if hes playing NL10 SSS then thats fine, could be a huge up... and you don't need stats for SSS on NL10 so quite possible... if thats the case keep up the good work :)

If you're playing NL 10 BSS then like everyone else said BRM
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      BRM is important to avoid to go broke, so you (dramatically) increase this risk if you don't use it... i was and am aware that at the moment where i had my 2 BI, i could have gone all-in preflop, get a huge suckout by someone holding 2 7 and then i am done...

it didn't happen, that is kinda luck :-)

and i don't trust my 'A-game' so far... i had upswings before and seems kind of easy to go up, but if you get greedy and you are not patient enough the way down is even faster :-)

i hope i changed my game (feels like it^^) but i can tell you in 2 or 3 months whether the way just went up (in the long term) ;-)

it is easy to say: i played my a-game when it goes up and blame it on the downswing if it is not running so well...
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze

this was my last week, quite a high volume for me and so far it looks good... but anything can happen.... at least now i am more safe, but since i don't plan to go down in a limit it is still not a real BRM^^ playing NL50 with $2k would be the start of my real BRM then^^ i hope to get there anytime in the 'near' future

edit: the graph looks much better now in this format than on a 16:9 screen^^, much steeper now :-)
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      so what would you guys say a BR of 100$ is safe to play? im playing 0.05/0.10 still, and on 110$ now. But i'm scared if you guys are all saying that is extreamly bad BRM
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      I currently have 125$, but still playing 0.02/0.04 NL FR BSS and will continue to do so until i reach the 250$. Then i'll move to 0.05/0.10. I'd advise you to do the same [and so would pokerstrategy.com]

Regards
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      but Absolute poker has 0.01/0.02 then 0.05/0.10 - no 0.02/0.04 !
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      play SSS :) .
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I've got 450$ and still NL10 :) until I hit 800 $ won't move to NL 20 :f_love:
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      ok new plan. I'm going to play SSS NL10 till BR is 150$.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DecMate
      ok new plan. I'm going to play SSS NL10 till BR is 150$.
      Sounds like a good idea. It's very risky to play with only 5-10 stacks which you did before, if you were playing BSS?

Good luck,
      Kimber88
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Yeah i was playing BSS, i was vs very fishy people then, i tried again with BSS and haven't been as successful but only lost a few $.

I've just been playing SSS, buying in for $4 and worked it up to $12 then left :D