This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

a coachs diary

• grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      so ladies and gentleman, today i will start a diary.
      this comes because of two reasons, first of all i gues its fun, and second its a good thing for me because im in a bad hurting downswing and so i can keep track of my losses and i can just talk about what happens.
      and i think this helps :)

today i played some MTTs:

24$ ko @ fulltilt, finished in 81th place with AT vs A9
      8$ rebuy @ stars, lost with AK to KQ (3 dubble rebuys+ adon) = 32$
      24$ regular @ fulltitl, finished in 71th place with AQs vs KQ
      24$ regular @ fulltilt, finished very early with KQ vs QJ through a J on the river
      10$ 1R,1A @ fulltilt, finished after 1,5 hours with JJ vs AQ (1 rebuy, didnt reach the addon) = 20$

still playing in a 20$ regular @ stars, not looking good after losing AKs to AQ and a 10$ speed @ stars, not looking good just because its a speed tourney :P

so i came back from my hollidays just yesterday and my downswing just didnt stopped yet.

dont know exactly how muich i lost through the downswing, so i will ocunt just from today on, but it was at least 3000$.

so today we have the 2nd june, oh wait have to push 69o in the speed tourney... dead on the flop to KQ :) ... and im down for about 124$ with pendling 20$ left in a tournament.

this was my first entry in this diary. looking forward to the next entry tomorrow :)

your coach in a down - grummeler

edit:
      finishing the last tournament in place 100 with 44$ so the day ends with -100$
  • 78 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello Grummeler!

It is nice to see that you are starting a blog :) . I will sure be following it and I hope you catch an upswing soon to end your May misery :) .

P.S. I've seen you play a 5$ 10k GTD on stars as well ;) . Micro stakes poker!

Regards,

Primzi
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hey! Nice to see you make a blog!! Just try to write some positive things too and not just bad beats :tongue: hope you have better luck soon!
    • grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      3rd June:

im feeling fine, still a bit tired because of our boardgame yesterday (we played twighlight imperium, a very nice intergalactic wargame , and by the way i won :D ) but today i start playing a bit earlier because in the evening i dont have the time to.

starting with a 33$ 20k @ps, and a 24$ 8,5k @ FT poker.

i think today i will break the run :)
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Silver
      wow nice to see you there :) i wish you good luck and some nice streak like getting into first 3 in 4 tournaments in row should be nice
    • grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      so the day is ending for me today, and here are my results:

24$ 8,5k 7th place for 302$ makes +278$
      33$ 30k 81th place for 60$ makes +27
      10$ 3,5k out after 55 minutes -10
      24$ 7,5k out after 1,5 hours -24
      10$ 10k out after 20 minutes -10

the 7th place was very cool i had AQ and raised the hand, and got called from the bigstack on the button.
      flop was AK9 with 2 diamonds, looks pretty good because normally AK, KK, AA are reraising me preflop. so i bet a bit more then half size the pot and he called me.
      the turn was another K, not a bad card, because AK AA and KK still beat me, and only KJ, or KQ has improved to beat me so i bet another time around half size the pot and i started to beeing comitted.
      he called my bet after some thoughts and the river is a 4. no flush arrives. so im beating most of the aces except for AK and i beat the busted FD obvious. so im shipping the rest of my chips in the middle and he instacalled and turned over Aces full of Kings :D
      so was trapping from the beginning and the case Ace came on the flop to kill me.

but that was ok because i had a bit of luck in that tournament to become 7th place and im not that unhappy with it.

today the outcomming was an overwhelming +261$
      combined with the -100$ yestarday this makes up for

+161$ in two days. that sounds nice and after all this final table gave me back some of my believes that i can really do it back to +EV
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      It's nice to hear that you came 7th in that tourney :) .

I hope the luck continues and that I can rail you some more in the futer :) .

Good luck!
    • grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      4rd june:

i played those tournaments:

30$
      24$ 96th place -24$
      10$ 119th place -10$
      10$ 1183th place -10$

and finally after a long long long looooooooooooooong run of bad luck i got it.
      i chipped the 30$ tournament after a coinflip with AJ vs 99 and an ace on the river. and then having KK in the BB and he pushes JT.
      i had a nervous moment when the flop came T67 but the kings hold up and i won a nice 4800$ :tongue:

wow. finally a nice come back from the dead :)

so with those
      4800$+ -24-10-10 that makes 4756$ plus for today.

totally that makes
      4957$+ in the last 3 days.

god im so happy right now. i think im gonna buy me a bottle of wodka and will celebrate the end of the downswing :)
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      well done. what i wouldn't do for some wodka right now..
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Good job, keep it up :) !
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      nice.

Are you playing some MSOP events? I am and i'm staking a friend to play too :)
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Silver
      so fuking nice :) .. i was thinking that you will say godbye to MTT poker carrer
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      nice.

stake me too :) ?

no wait, i'm way too unlucky for that :P .
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by Primzi
      nice.

hehe. well maybe we can work something out. maybe i get 150% of your winnings? ;)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      nice.

hehe. well maybe we can work something out. maybe i get 150% of your winnings? ;)
      HMM. Isn't that a bit -EV for me :P ?

I mean if i win a tourney and I get about 10k$, I need to give you 15k$ then so I'm 5k$ down if i win :P ?
    • grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      friday 5th june:
      here the results for today

10$ rebuy -30
      10$ freezout 1380 1th place
      24ko -24
      5$ -5
      8$ rebuy -24
      24$ fo -24 56$ = +32$ 28th place
      70$ ko -70 = -50$
      44$ 6max -44 = -44$
      10$ 1ra -10 = -20$
      24$ fo = -24$
      20$ fo = -20$
      10$ speed = -10$
      makes up for +1161$ combined with yesterday now the profit is up to
      6618$+

so im feeling very fine but very tired because of this long day. the coaching was fine with a first place and some nice luckbox action :D

today i was really lucky sometimes but i guess thats ok.
      i have all my confidence back now that i can really make it, thx for all of you who believed in me in the coaching and so on :)

god damn it great to back from the downswing. grummel here i go ! :s_evil:
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Definately a blog I will follow as I want to switch from SnG to MTT full time in the future. Will be nice to read up on your experiences, looks really nice and moderately tempting so far :P
      Maybe u can answer a question for me? What kind of skills and how much general poker experience is needed for a wining poker player to turn into a wining MTT poker player?
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      So I tuned in quite late in the mtt coaching, and got to hear some really awesome rocky music, but wasn't sure what it was all about. I assume it was when you won? And that you won with a bad hand? Or what?
    • grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      dont know exactly :P
      todAY its party time.
      have a nice weekend vodka awaits me :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WildBeans
      So I tuned in quite late in the mtt coaching, and got to hear some really awesome rocky music, but wasn't sure what it was all about. I assume it was when you won? And that you won with a bad hand? Or what?
      I think it was when he cracked aces for the zillionth time :) .