This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hand review

• enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      Kinda strange hand, i wanted to know what you guys think:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $0.95
      Hero:
      $5.70
      MP2:
      $4.94
      MP3:
      $0.60
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $5.84

0.05/0.1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: , 7:heart: . CO posts a blind of $0.05.
      2 folds, MP2 raises, MP3 calls, CO calls, BU calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) 7:diamond: , 2:club: , 4:club: (6 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, MP3 calls, CO folds, BU 3-bets, SB calls, Hero caps, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BU calls, SB calls.

Turn: (16.00 BB) 8:diamond: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BU raises, SB calls, Hero 3-bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls (All-In), BU caps, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (35.00 BB) 9:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 raises, BU 3-bets, SB calls (All-In), Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 46.50 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, sevens (7s 7h)
      MP2 shows a flush, ace high (Ac Qc)
      MP3 shows high card ace with nine kicker (As 5s)
      BU shows three of a kind, fours (4d 4s)
      SB shows a pair of jacks (Js Jh)

MP2 wins with a flush, ace high (Ac Qc)

preflop there was a raise, i was on the bb and the pot was relatively big, so i called, knowing that there wont be any raises behind me.

i got a pretty good flop. i wasn't too worried about a straight draw, a flush draw concerned me a bit, but i figured after capping the flop and the turn no one in their right mind would call with a flush draw (maybe if they had like 34 or 56 of clubs, but i dont think those type of hands would call on a raised pot). the pocket 8s and pocket nines kinda had me worried, but after capping the flop and turn you gotta feel that there no good.

On the river i felt i could go for a value bet, MP2 raised after cold calling the flop and the turn hence the flat call.

Did i overplay my set?

what do you think?
  • 4 replies
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      beting and even caping is never a bad idea with the best hand--
      You had the best hand on the flop..
      You were best on the turn too im sure..

River is worst card in the deck for you (blaaa thats such a bad card)....that said is proly a call with all the cash in there) but even against a table of lagtards you can expect to have 2nd -3rd best hand here most of the time...

also you should have deff played more passive OTR ..no need to bet there you needed a showdown ACAP.... I cc one bet and cf two bets otr

as played its a crying call ... and if you had the best hand im quiting poker weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      You're too often behind to bet this river. Check/Call is the best option. And after the check you're faced with two big bets its even an easier fold.
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      this time i played it a bit more passively :)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4.07
      Hero:
      $4.27

0.05/0.1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 2:heart: , Q:diamond: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, queens (Qh Qc)
      SB shows a pair of aces (Ac Ah)

Hero wins with three of a kind, queens (Qh Qc)
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Hi. I'm an aspiring limit player somehow, i play NL and I'm on a break after a big downswing/playing like crap. I'll give my opinion about the hands but more to see if it's validated by a better player... I played like 4 hours of limit holdem in my life but i think i'll switch to it.

First hand. I think the hand is played good until the river. If you had a different position you may go for a check/raise to shake the players but that's not the case. Since there is so much action you must have at least a feeling that the river card kills you. Folding is out of the question since the pot is huge so your goal now is to see a showdown as cheap as possible. So the best you can do is to save a big bet by checking. You can wait to see how many times it's raised and decide from there. Even if it's 3-bet you have better than 10 to 1 to call.

Second hand. Since he capped on the flop it's unlikely he's got a flush on the turn. He probably played agressively to protect something else. And since you crush that "something else" you should raise turn and call a raise and probably do the same on the river. The only logical hand for him to have a flush with would be AdKd.

So how did i do? :f_biggrin: