This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 TT in SB vs loose mp raiser

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $19.50
      MP3:
      $49.65
      CO:
      $40.00

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:club: , T:heart: . CO posts a blind of $1.00.
      5 folds, MP3 raises to $4.00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $19.50 (All-In), BB folds, MP3 calls $15.50.

Flop: ($41.00) 6:spade: , 2:heart: , 4:heart:
      Turn: ($41.00) 9:diamond:
      River: ($41.00) K:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $41.00

I'm thinking that 38% pfr (even with a small hand sample) is enough to go broke here - anyone disagree?
  • 7 replies
    • wuusaa
      wuusaa
      Bronze
      come on. why do you post this hand :D
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      because, like every other hand recently, I lost it. And when you're running bad, you need encouragement that your play is ok, I guess.

But it's a question about hand samples, really. Basic Strategy does not permit us to reraise with TT. So we need a reason to diverge from that. Do you agree that pfr of 38% is enough of a reason when the stat is based on only 24 hands?

Thanks
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      would have done the same here. I think we have plenty of fold equity preflop. If he calls we will probably be ahead most of the time or have a coinflip.
    • wuusaa
      wuusaa
      Bronze
      can you remember a situation where TT is not good enough vs a mp3 opener?

edit: okay, nitty shortstacks/ NITs ^^
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Dude, if you are asking us if this play is correct you seriously need a break.

Take a week off, go to the cinema, go to some them-parks etc. Come back next week with your head-screwed on straight. Off course he's loose enough to push, TT is an amazing hand against his range.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      As carrie fisher says in When Harry Met Sally: "You're right, you're right - I know you're right"

:D
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Harry Potter ^^? Emma Watson? ^^

Hey Tim,

This Mp3 guy wants to get the blinds + he seems LAGGY already so your TT are good here against his range.

SSS is quite a high variance game especially if you include some stats-based moves so switching to BSS where the variance is lower is an option.

I do think you should take a conservative bankroll for midstakes (100NL+) so you do not have to worry about your Bankroll nor losses.

I took a 50-75BI BRM but this is a personal preference.

- Gerv