This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Sh - Ak

    • randompkr
      randompkr
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.01.2009 Posts: 76
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,00
      CO:
      $5,00

      0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

      Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:heart:
      CO raises to $0,16, BU folds, Hero raises to $0,56, BB folds, CO calls $0,40.

      Flop: ($1,16) 9:heart: , J:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,75, CO raises to $1,50, Hero folds.

      Final Pot: $3,41

      Should I cbet this flop? AK is nightmare for me, I just dunno how to play this OOP in 3bet pot and if I don't hit.
      Also, I didn't have the stats while playing this.
  • 9 replies
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.11.2008 Posts: 722
      Interesting hand, difficult situation.

      Additional question for handjudge: What could his min-raise on the flop mean? Who the hell minraises this flop?
    • randompkr
      randompkr
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.01.2009 Posts: 76
      Maybe QQ, JJ, 99 or even AJ? Tho this min-raise looks more like cheap attempt to bluff me out of the hand in case I have the AQ or AK as I had this time.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.11.2008 Posts: 722
      Originally posted by randompkr
      Maybe QQ, JJ, 99 or even AJ? Tho this min-raise looks more like cheap attempt to bluff me out of the hand in case I have the AQ or AK as I had this time.
      Yeah I think the same.
    • randompkr
      randompkr
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.01.2009 Posts: 76
      So you would shove after his min-raise?
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.11.2008 Posts: 722
      no lol :D .

      Is he's bluffing I think you can't do much about it? If he has a nice draw you won't loose him with a small raise. And yeah you'll be comitted pretty soon. You're gonna hate a lot of turns. It's probably not a pure bluff like 83o.

      His raise seems donkey, but I am wondering if he can make enough hands fold
      to maybe make it +ev ???
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Joined: 05.11.2008 Posts: 722
      He randompkr, I was overlooking your stack sizes a bit in the last post and didn't understand why you were talking about pushing.

      I thought of something that might reduce his bluffing amount here:
      Your stacks were both $4.44 to the flop, right?
      If you bet like $1 on the flop your stack would be $3.44
      It would seem more like you have something to protect, plus he must realize he can't raise with a bluff or a draw here because you are very likely to put in the rest of your money.
      When you bet the $0.75, he can raise without being comitted.

      Just a little difference, but I think he would play way more straightforward.
      :f_grin:
    • randompkr
      randompkr
      Bronze
      Joined: 08.01.2009 Posts: 76
      Originally posted by Ka0s
      He randompkr, I was overlooking your stack sizes a bit in the last post and didn't understand why you were talking about pushing.

      I thought of something that might reduce his bluffing amount here:
      Your stacks were both $4.44 to the flop, right?
      If you bet like $1 on the flop your stack would be $3.44
      It would seem more like you have something to protect, plus he must realize he can't raise with a bluff or a draw here because you are very likely to put in the rest of your money.
      When you bet the $0.75, he can raise without being comitted.

      Just a little difference, but I think he would play way more straightforward.
      :f_grin:
      I was just a little misunderstanding by me. It wouldn't make any sense pushing flop after his min-raise, I know. And yes, I think that my bet size was little bit too small also. Still I'm little bit confused, should I c-bet flops like this after 3-betting PF?
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.01.2009 Posts: 813
      Okay, the way I play AKo if there are a raise b4 is that I just call and see a flop but if ur villain is a random fish its really hard to put him on a hand so a fold is best option without hitting.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.02.2007 Posts: 27,343
      Originally posted by Ka0s
      Interesting hand, difficult situation.

      Additional question for handjudge: What could his min-raise on the flop mean? Who the hell minraises this flop?
      to induce shove by worse hands
      you don´t have to raise big in 3-bet pots to get money all-in :)
      some players would do that with flushdraw, some with nuts, some with top pair
      I think b/f there is better than bet/shove
      just wait for right hand, if player is aggressive you can also c/f flop