This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR: AKs

• bluffalot123
      bluffalot123
      Bronze
      Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A :heart: , K :heart: (Comment)
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08, MP2 calls $0.08, 2 folds, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.06, MP1 calls $0.06, MP2 calls $0.06, BU calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.71) 4 :diamond: , 6 :heart: , 5 :spade: (5 players) (Comment)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08.

Turn: ($1.19) A :diamond: (3 players) (Comment)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08, BB calls $0.08.

River: ($1.43) 4 :club: (3 players) (Comment)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.68, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $2.11

ok i feel i played pre-flop, post flop and the turn correctly but i think i became to aggressive on the river any advice on what a better bet size would be ty
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: re-raise... just 4bet. If you flat call the BB's min-3bet your gonna go to a 5way flop and you'll be in a whole lot of trouble. So just make it $0.40 after the BB 3bets & flush all those callers out and take the flop heads up. If the BB goes all-in just call... on NL2 it's no problem to go broke with AK pre-flop since you'll see people shoving with worse to.

Flop: You're 5 handed, you've got nothing... and the board is just really bad to c-bet. So just check, you don't have initiative anyway.

Turn: Bet... as in actually bet. You're putting $0.08 in a $1.19 pot, I hope you were being funny or something... If any of the other players in the hand is folding 2 he is getting sick odds to call.
      So if you decide to bet here, which you should, then just $0.8 or even $0.9.

River: Just get your money in, or whatever is left of it. But if you played the hand like described above you are all-in by the time you reach the river.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Try and post the stack sizes of your opponents, it's important.

As for the actual play i agree with Mstlc's post, tho i don't think calling preflop is that horrible since you'll often end up in a 5-way pot with a hand that can flop huge, it's probably best to just get it in preflop at nl2. Also, stop playing limit holdem and make real bets ;)

Hope it helps.