This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 AQvs BB

• GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      I didn't contibet as the board was all over cold calling range and wet. Am I crazy?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $25.10
      MP3:
      $24.25
      CO:
      $68.80
      BU(Hero):
      $45.30
      SB:
      $25.30
      BB:
      $39.60
      UTG2:
      $30.30
      MP1:
      $25.10

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, A.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, SB folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.1) 7, T, 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2.1) K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

River: ($2.6) T (2 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

Final Pot: $4.1.
  • 4 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Preflop action is good.

Flop, I would also check. The board is draw heavy.

Turn, I would re-raise to $2.3. His min-bet indicates a very week hand, probably air/draw. If it's a trap, you will know if he 3-bets you.

If he calls after you re-raise, then you should be careful on the river. In case he donks (and I doubt that, with the T coming) you can fold easily.

And check behind river, for showdown. Because every hand that you beat will fold to a bet, so you can't get value from betting.

And you probably will have the best hand.

Hope it helps :)
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Btw, by re-raising on the turn, you make stronger hands fold.. like a pair of 7,8 or T and maybe a low PP.

If villain calls turn after you re-raise and a draw completes (A,9,J,6 any heart), then donks river, you can fold.

The only hand to call a reraise on the Turn, imo, is J:heart: Q:heart: .
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      @Gabinr1

Thanks for the input. I like the reraise on turn as well, IF I could make stronger hands fold.

my read was that villain was a station/monkey, who'd make some odd moves, but not back down to aggression either. In this case, I felt I probably had the best hand, and chose to call down rather than move at the pot.

I really need to get Elephant WORKING on my computer, so that I can share the stats of villains with you guys, and get even more input on different approaches to hands and opponents.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think you can also raise turn, since he only min-bet turn and might take b/f for example low pp-s.