This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] FR NL 10 After Double up

• torpeharcsa
      torpeharcsa
      Bronze
      Hello

I just learned the basic of SSS NL 10 (been playing SNG's before) and played my first session.

After you double up and say you have 30-40 BB and just played as small blind.
      Q #1 : Do you leave the table or wait till the big blind hits you again?
      Q #2 : If you stay do you tighten up?
      I have been dealt AK 4 times after, continued to play as SSS. Is that correct? Or just play QQ+?

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi torpeharcsa,

It is usually suggested that you tighten up with a double stack (QQ+). With more experience you don't need to tighten up like this, as you'll be able to make the necessary adjustments depending on the size of your stack. I personally play any hand of the SHC with a double stack.
    • torpeharcsa
      torpeharcsa
      Bronze
      Hi dandycal

Thank you for your answer!

At one point from late position I raised with AKs to 4 BB as first in and the BB big stack put me all in.........( i was playing no stats) ended up folding.......

Correct or not?
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      there is no right answer tbh :)
      its hard to fold AKs.
      the BB shows significant strength putting his whole stack on the line.
      u have no reads or feel for the table, probably better to fold.
      playing with stats helps make these decisions!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      It is usually suggested that you tighten up with a double stack (QQ+). With more experience you don't need to tighten up like this, as you'll be able to make the necessary adjustments depending on the size of your stack. I personally play any hand of the SHC with a double stack.
      This concerning your OP

For your other question, it depends on the effective stack: your 30-40bb stack or your opponents stack which has less than you

If it is your stack, I think that if you are from mp1+, I play openraise/shove with A:hK for <40bb.

Realize that you are still playing with a smaller stack compared to other stacksizes most of the time

- Gerv
    • slowshow
      slowshow
      Bronze
      I just leave table cause im still learning to multitable, so i can mess up and forget where i was double stacked :f_biggrin: For me thats +EV. For now.