This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh 99

• shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Villain... nit 15/15

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $9.10
      CO:
      $8.84
      BU(Hero):
      $17.84
      SB:
      $15.49
      BB:
      $7.44
      MP2:
      $5.90

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $1.30, BB folds, Hero calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.7) 8, J, Q (2 players)
      SB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.30, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.2.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

15/15 looks like a small hand sample so be careful with labeling people nits right away.

As played it's a steal situation and there is always a chance he's 3betting non premium hands, even so calling in position with 99 is okay.

Postflop unless he's unbelievably nitty and can fold something like AQ there i don't think there are many perks to shoving on him with 6 outs. If he even has AQ. If he's really really tight he'll have only like JJ+/AK and might not even c-bet AK on this flop, so you could even find a fold right away.

The way i see it he'll tell you exactly whether you're beat or not on the turn if you call, i don't expect him to simply jam the turn with something like AK, so if he bets again he has you smoked unless you improved, and if he doesn't i think you're most likely ahead and can choose whether you want to check it down or push him out of the pot in position.

Hope it helps.